• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Remington 700 sps tactical .308 Scope

Coastal Pawn

Private
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2012
Help, I have no idea what the best optics would be for my new gun. I would like to be able to shoot 600yds and be sure of my shot. Any ideas would be great....

Re: Remington 700 sps tactical .308 Scope

What sort of budget do you have to work with?? I can highly recommend Vortex PST scopes, and they won't break the bank.

Give Mike @ CSTactical a shout, he will hook you up!!

DK

Well first off you need to answer a few things before you get any sort of help.
• 1) Have you ever done any long range shooting before?
• 2) How far do you plan on shooting?( Sorry, I didnt see you already wrote you want to shoot out to 600answer yards.)
• 3) What is your budget?
Depending on how you answer these 3 questions will help you get you into a ballpark estate of what scopes you should be looking at.
I suggest you look at the SWFA 10x mil/mil and the vortex pst line up.

A good spotter...

All kidding aside, your budget is going to be the determining factor
What price range are you trying to stay within ?

I have the SWFA 10x on my SPS rifle and couldn't be happier with it. Best scope I have ever bought for any rifle on a low budget.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: winxp_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 for SWFA 10x mil/mil.......

Aron- </div></div>

Best buck ever spent on any scope under $300! Nobody comes close.

Now all they need to do is spruce up their site. I'll be placing a order shortly for my 3rd swfa scope.

Depending on your budget I'd say either the 10 or 12X mil/mil. If you want under 300. If not I'd go Nightforce 3.5-15.

SWFA then Vortex then Nightforce then S&B. Each one jumps in price over the previous.

If you are new enough to be asking this question, as I was, take a serious look at the SWFA SS lineup. I bought the Falcon 4-14, and it isn't nearly as clear for the long range.

My SS 5-20 may not be as nice as can be built, but it is WAY more than I can shoot! I have it on my SPS Tac .308, and have no complaints.

good sale going on zeiss conquest rifle scopes right now, but as other have said, it depends on your price range