• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 SPS Tactical 308

cyclone

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2007
Florida
Would this be a good rifle to start out with for LR shooting.I would add a McMillan stock and a NF scope.They are kinda cheap.It has a 20" barrel.

Re: Remington 700 SPS Tactical 308

2 yrs, 1100 posts, and still asking the same tired-assed question that gets asked once per month?

Im assuming this is a joke.

They outta make one of these threads a sticky so people will stop asking this shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2 yrs, 1100 posts, and still asking the same tired-assed question that gets asked once per month?

They outta make one of these threads a sticky so people will stop asking this shit. </div></div>

Your a dick!

I didnt slap the dick out your mouth sodont get mad at me,now go piss in someone elses thread!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2 yrs, 1100 posts, and still asking the same tired-assed question that gets asked once per month?

They outta make one of these threads a sticky so people will stop asking this shit. </div></div>

How's this compared to a Savage 10 FCP in 308 with a Leupold scope? Which one is better?
Hahaha!
crazy.gif
grin.gif

Seriously though man do a search.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joeyhotfizzle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2 yrs, 1100 posts, and still asking the same tired-assed question that gets asked once per month?

How's this compared to a Savage 10 FCP in 308 with a Leupold scope? Which one is better?
Hahaha!
crazy.gif
grin.gif

Seriously though man do a search. </div></div>

I found one but not sure if this is a current model.For instance older Savage 10FP is not compatible with certain stocks nor can it be used in newer 10FP stock.Guess I should have been a bit more specific but sometimes you dont know what questions to ask until someone asks it for ya.

I was being sarcastic man...

But yeah I just sold my SPS Tac in an HS LTR stock just because I had to to fund my AR10 T. My rifle shot less than 1 MOA even a lot better at times. They are good rifles but yeah definitely change the stock.

All SPS Tac's are Remington 700's and that action hasn't been change for the longest time so you dont have to worry about the spacing on the action screws. The only difference I've seen is that some comes with the Hogue stock and some with the SPS Varmint type stock.

No one slaps dick outta my mouth. Im too territorial. Anyone helped with all that sand in your snatch?

Since this is legitimate question, albeit one asked repeatedly on this forum, I'll answer accordingly:

It's a good gun that outshoots 95% of people on here without any modifications at all. Most people change the stocks on them. They shoot well with FGMM 168 gr. It's a good solid gun you wont have any issues with.

For the 20" barrel, you'll need hot loads and plenty of elevation in your glass, but you can take it out to 1K.

Answer your question?

I think it was a valid question, looking back at his 8 pages of posts he's a side arms type of guy, not many rifle posts.

Yes, good rifle, put it in a McMillan with decent glass and it will do most anything you want and expect it to.

Good Shooting.
Jason

I love mine. Shoots well under 1 MOA. Chrono'd some 168gr FGMM at 5000ft elevation (Reno, NV desert) and it was showing 2580 avg FPS. I feel this is a great rifle to get started with and has room for growth. Going to the range tonight to put some HSM ammo down the tube to see how it likes it.

Can this one be fitted for the magazine adapter

According to Jeff at CDI precision and several others as well, yes.

Don't over look the stocks made by B&C as well. You may also grow to dislike the trigger on it but it isn't so bad. I had trouble keeping mine under three pounds.

Since you're getting a Mcmillan, they can inlet it for a Badger Ord, HS precision, Vbull and a couple more magazine systems. I would go with the bottom metal that would accept AICS mags.

Awesome,Now I need to order,thanks for the replies.

Also check out Manners stocks. Pretty much like the Mcmillans but instead of a 5 or 6 month wait it's more like 2 months.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joeyhotfizzle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also check out Manners stocks. Pretty much like the Mcmillans but instead of a 5 or 6 month wait it's more like 2 months. </div></div>

Will do,I really like McMillan though but the wait,sheeeesh.