• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 sps V

Shooter89

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2019
Just got back from my lgs, brought home my new Remington 700 sps varmint in 243. This is gunna be my base for my build in the near furture. The rifle itself seems good fit and finish id say its on par even though the bolt handel and back of the bolt look kinda rough. Bottom metal will be replaced, along with the barrel and stock eventually. But for this year i am just gunna use as is for the most part till money allows. I know all of Remingtons woes lately but i am left handed and pretty limited on my choices so hopefully i got a good one. Anyone else have one that can speak for accuracy potential? Or have experience with this model that would like to chime in?

I don't have any experience with the 243, but I have had a couple of the sps varmints in .308 in the last few years that would shoot an inch or better no problem. (I did take them out of the factory stocks and use H.S. and Bell Carlson stocks before shooting them).
Clean the barrel before going to the range ; )
I'm sure you will have a great shooter!
DW

Thanks, i will be sure to give it a good scrub before fun hour..... i have bedding compound i may bed the action and scope base before first range trip.

I bought one in 2007 chambered in 308. Tack driver. I chopped it to 20”.

8226B34B-1346-4580-8E20-A552D0D1D451.jpeg

Attachments

• DF67F7F9-0AEF-4712-81D3-3B980692EB40.jpeg
    DF67F7F9-0AEF-4712-81D3-3B980692EB40.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Nice buck gopherslayer!!! I am hoping mine shoots atleast moa out of box, have a entire reloading setup waiting. Gunna shoot a box of factory ammo 1st to get a good base line.

Had one in 22250 shot it to the barrel was burnt out. Accurate gun for the money

Thats what i figured, my lgs also had a savage 110 tactical and thats what i was planning on getting till i handled one. I just didnt like it for whatever reason just didnt appeal to me. Plus 700's have aftermarket parts even for us lefties. So i bought the 700, figured id be the best one for me to build on and make it what i want.