• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 Stock Options. Similar to H&S but not H&S

TurdFerguson

thinking sucks
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2014
Burgerworld
Little more complicated than the title looks. I ordered the 700P Barreled receiver from europtic. I want a stock similar to an H&S precision without buying an H&S precision. I was thinking of maybe a Manners MCS T or a T5 thumbhole. I like the classic look with the rounded forend. How well do the Grayboe Terrain or B&C Long Range Tactical stack up. I assume the manners would be the way to go right? I've had the Grayboe Ridgeback before but hated the forend. Plan to run a DBM. Also is anyone familiar with the camo job on it? The image is from 700 5r practical accuracy on youtube and I really dig the camo job on it. *Not my rifle*

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
B&C makes an excellent budget stock. Manners and McMillan are definitely very good stocks and the price reflects accordingly.

I've had Bell & Carlson on a factory gun or 2 and they work. I've been looking at the Manner's seriously, but do I have to use the Badger DBM with them? I have a Grayboe floating around in storage. I want to look "cool" for once in gawky life

Little more complicated than the title looks. I ordered the 700P Barreled receiver from europtic. I want a stock similar to an H&S precision without buying an H&S precision. I was thinking of maybe a Manners MCS T or a T5 thumbhole. I like the classic look with the rounded forend. How well do the Grayboe Terrain or B&C Long Range Tactical stack up. I assume the manners would be the way to go right? I've had the Grayboe Ridgeback before but hated the forend. Plan to run a DBM. Also is anyone familiar with the camo job on it? The image is from 700 5r practical accuracy on youtube and I really dig the camo job on it. *Not my rifle*

You might consider a McMillan HTG stock. It is the style you described and they have several mold in camo patterns they can use.

I have a Grayboe Terrain on a Tikka T3. Never shot a Manners or McMillan, so can't really compare them, but fully satisfied with the Grayboe. I was actually considering the Grayboe Renegade for my next build.

I've always loved the HTG stock and have always wanted to build on one, but everything I read points to much better options with a better/higher comb in today's stock offerings. I think being a Marine in the early 90's has always left a soft spot in my heart for the traditional M40A1, which the HTG stock tends to represent. I'm still lured by the HTG, but would probably look at an adjustable comb version if going that route.

Get the one you like the most and settle for nothing less. I’ve settled for stuff in the past because of price or availability and inevitably went back and got the one I really wanted. You’ll save money in the long run. Just don’t let your significant other know how much you spent. You’ll never regret any of your purchases.

My vote is with the grayboe terrain, if your okay with a non adjustable cheek piece. Comb is pretty high. Similiar to a Mcmillan HTG but with a higher comb and really similar to Manners MCS-T. IMO its a better "budget" stock than B&C or HS Precision. I've seen some pretty big voids in B&C stocks when drilling into them to install flush cups or open barrel channels. I just think the Grayboe is a better value for about the same money than either of those two.

My vote is with the grayboe terrain, if your okay with a non adjustable cheek piece. Comb is pretty high. Similiar to a Mcmillan HTG but with a higher comb and really similar to Manners MCS-T. IMO its a better "budget" stock than B&C or HS Precision. I've seen some pretty big voids in B&C stocks when drilling into them to install flush cups or open barrel channels. I just think the Grayboe is a better value for about the same money than either of those two.

I believe Grayboe can do an adjustable cheek piece on the Terrain now as well. Worth a contact to their custom shop.