• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 TACT XCR 300 26 GRN/BLK

Re: Remington 700 TACT XCR 300 26 GRN/BLK

0 to 900 steel 900 1100 deal 1100 up anybody

I've had my 300 WM XCR LR Tactical for a few months and I really enjoy shooting it. The 40-X trigger is nice and crisp. I've shot it to 400 yards at steel accurately and will try 600 yards next weekend.

The only thing that bugs me is that the bolt release doesn't pop back down when pressed. But that's more of Remington's declining QA and I'll get that fixed later on.

The 5R and XCR are both great rifles, the XCR has the leg up in finish and trigger where the 5R comes up with a little better stock and a 5R barrel. I have the XCR 308 and love it, I was able to put a shit ton of rounds on it while I was home and its a real performer, but its far from stock. As soon as I got it it went into an AICS then into a pillar bedded A5. I have a friend with the 300WM XCR and its right on par with my 308.

I just got one in 223 it shoots lights out. I only have two complaints with it. The crown looks like they sand blasted it with rocks. I was worried at first but then I shot it. It seems to have no effect on it. The other complaint was the bolt was very hard to close. I had to take a dremel to it. It was putting a big bur on the rims on the cases. I paid 1150 out the door for mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: couesnut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got one in 223 it shoots lights out. I only have two complaints with it. The crown looks like they sand blasted it with rocks. I was worried at first but then I shot it. It seems to have no effect on it. The other complaint was the bolt was very hard to close. I had to take a dremel to it. It was putting a big bur on the rims on the cases. I paid 1150 out the door for mine. </div></div>

The problem you describe is Remington wide with the 223 bolt face. I ordered a new extractor from brownells and polished it with great success. it was smaller than the one in the bolt from the factory.

I've had my Rem700 300WM XCR LRT for a year and the rifle performed .5 moa out of the box.A good friend of mine suggested a hunting load so I ran the powder below to above and his load put em through the same hole.The only downside to my gun is the extractor will not work properly

Poke,thanks I'll try that. Mine had a bunch if brass shavings behind it. I think it would have broke in the not to distance future.

I have one of the XCR Long Range 308's. It is extremely accurate and very comfortable to shoot. I have one of the compact XCR's in 223 on layaway as we speak. Probably punch that one out to a 223AI since it has the 9 twist.

i have one in 300wm and it shot like crap to start with.i had to sand out the barrel channel and shoot some tubb ffs through it before it would shoot.since then it shoots like a dream the last three groups i shot with it was a .66,.504 and a .166 thats when i quit shooting for the day.all ive shot through it has been blackhills 190 match.