• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 Target Tactical

devildogccie

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2010
Upper Makefield, PA
Has anyone heard anything about this rifle? I was going to purchase the 700 SS 5R milspec and switch the stock with my other rifle which has the Bell and Carlson A5 medalist stock which I love.

I was on Remington's web site and found this rifle. It has the 5R rifling and the same twist rate as the 700 SS 5R milspec, but it uses a 26" barrel instead of 24" and it's the new triangular VTR-style barrel. It's pretty pricey, but I thought if it shot as well as the 700 SS 5R and it had the stock I wanted already, then perhaps it would be a good bet. Saw a few very positive things but not from any professionals. I'd love to hear from anyone who has had experience with it. Thanks!

Re: Remington 700 Target Tactical

I just picked one up myself about 2 weeks ago. I have only sent about 40 rounds down range with it and I love it. Its a beast for sure its about 13 pounds with bi-pod/scope and all the goodies. I was a little iffy on the barrel but it has grown on me and I don't mind it at all now. I am no professional but for what its worth id say pick it up its a great rifle.

Re: Remington 700 Target Tactical

They seem to shoot decent but for that kind of money you can have so much more.... a 5R milspec is less and what you save can buy your bipod, rings and mount too. and it shoots every bit as good as the target tactical and has a nice stock too. just my $0.02.

Paulus