• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Remington 700 triger help

BForhan

Private
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2008
Hartland Michigan
I will start by saying I am a dumbass.
I took the trigger out of my rifle so I could bed looked it over very well before doing so or so I thought.
Knocked out the rear trigger mount pin and this spring attacked me. It is a stock old style trigger the action it has lived in all of its life is a D prefix.

Never noticed it now for the life of me can not figure out which way it goes back in all they ways I have tried it looks wrong.

It is the spring on the left side of the trigger I am guessing the bolt release. Has one coil and a 90 degree bend on both ends one to the side and one straight up closest to the coil and that side is bent about 30 degrees off center of the spring.

Could someone please post a picture or tell me how this thing goes.

Brian

Re: Remington 700 triger help

Nate,

While I am a dumbass I am not that big of one. I did search and did not find the information I was looking for, that is why I posted the question.

I figured that there would be a person here with the information I was looking for. I thank you for your attempt at helping me.

Brian

Re: Remington 700 triger help

Stillbuster,

Thank you that is exactly the picture I was looking for and was unable to find.

Brian