• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Remington 700 Trigger Assy Roll Pins - What size?

Leaddog

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2009
Delaware
I need to buy a roll pin punch for the Remington 700 trigger assembly roll pins. What is the diameter of these pins? Your recommendation for a good punch that will go all the way through?

Re: Remington 700 Trigger Assy Roll Pins - What size?

Are you talking about the pins that secure the trigger assembly to the action? These are not roll pins if that is what you are asking about. Any punch that is smaller should work great. I have also used a dremel bit shaft to punch them out in the past. They measure right around 1/8".

If that isn't what you are talking about, perhaps a picture could help clarify.

Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GasLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you talking about the pins that secure the trigger assembly to the action? These are not roll pins if that is what you are asking about. Any punch that is smaller should work great. I have also used a dremel bit shaft to punch them out in the past. They measure right around 1/8".

If that isn't what you are talking about, perhaps a picture could help clarify.

Dave</div></div>

Yes, that's them.

basically anything with a shaft 1/8" or smaller but close will work well. I have an actual punch that I use now, but I have used screwdriver shafts, hex wrenches, dremel bit shafts, and drill bits in the past...

BIGGEST thing to remember, move the safety lever to the 'on' or rearward position before punching the pins out, sometimes it will get in the way and SNAP, too late...

Dave

Thanks for the info. I've probably replaced or taken 4 or 5 trigger assy's out in the past month alone for my rifles and a couple of friends. (everyone wanted a cerakote job).

Long story short... I have a short punch that works up to a point, then I have fashioned a finishing nail to go the rest of the way. Problem with the nail, it bends and the end boogers up the pins even though I have filed the nail flat.