• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 Varmint

tanda10506

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2010
Phelan, CA
On Friday I finally got my first long range rifle, it's a Remington 700 SPS Varmint in .308. I also bought a Millet LRS for it on Friday. The rifle has a floor plate with a release latch. My question is how easy would it be to take a factory detatchable magazine setup from a Remington 700 rifle that came with it and put it in my rifle? Just curious.

Re: Remington 700 Varmint

Ok. But I was looking at a factory detatchable magazine because I can get one for about $50 used right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tanda10506</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On Friday I finally got my first long range rifle, it's a Remington 700 SPS Varmint in .308. I also bought a Millet LRS for it on Friday. The rifle has a floor plate with a release latch. My question is how easy would it be to take a factory detatchable magazine setup from a Remington 700 rifle that came with it and put it in my rifle? Just curious. </div></div>

Funny you say that...I JUST picked up MY 700 SPS Varmint HB in .308, and looking to do the same thing, and started a thread on it. A bunch of guys have already answered, so why don't you check out my thread, and there are some links for you to follow on this...

I had been searching too, I can't believe I missed your post. I saw it about 5 minutes after I posted mine. Although your post has a lot of aftermarket suggestions it doesn't answer my question at all. I'm only asking about a factory Remington magazine.

The factory DBM uses different bottom metal and a different stock. You might be able to modify your stock to work but would have to change the bottom metal. The factory system sucks anyways, I wouldn't recommend it.

I believe the bottom of the receiver is also different, we have both as duty rifles and tried to swap stocks once. On closer inspection realized the receiver is milled out for the detach mag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tanda10506</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had been searching too, I can't believe I missed your post. I saw it about 5 minutes after I posted mine. Although your post has a lot of aftermarket suggestions it doesn't answer my question at all. I'm only asking about a factory Remington magazine. </div></div>

Ahhh, ok.

Well, it still helps a LITTLE bit, as if you follow some of the links, it can take you to some sites that offer what you are looking for.

Either way, hope you get it figured out. Good luck!