• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD Remington 700 VS .308

psdan000

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2010
Ohio
Up for sale is an excellent condition Remington 700 VS in .308. I bought this from the original owner, it switched hands once between me and a buddy of mine but I ended back up with it. In the 2 years I owned it I have only had it out twice to shoot. Too many .308's and time to move it on to a more appreciative owner. Rifle is in 100% factory configuration with factory walker trigger untouched (definitely needs work) and factory stock that has not been bedded or altered. It does have the J-lock. I will say I have owned a lot of Remington rifles and this one is probably the most accurate factory Remington I've shot. I've only ever shot factory federal gold medal match 168's and there was never a reason to try anything else. group pictured below was a quick 3 shot group shot at 100 yards. I thought about keeping this one to re-barrel to a 22-250 but it just shoots too well and I'm hoping someone appreciates it as it is. I believe the round count to be pretty low, under 500, but cannot say for certain. The original owner claimed only a few boxes of ammo through it. I haven't shot 100 rounds through it. Pictures should pretty well show the condition, it has a minor safe rub or two (pictured), along with some kind of blemish on the muzzle (also pictured), doesn't appear to be rust or pitting but it will not wipe off with a rag, might clear up with some steel wool. Regardless the crown is not affected and the overall metal is 95% or better. No major dings in the stock, bottom metal and screws are in excellent condition as well. I am asking $850 shipped for the rifle only. Scope, rings and bases not included in this price, but could be negotiated. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks for looking!
IMG_1645
IMG_1646
IMG_1647
IMG_1648
IMG_1649
IMG_1650
IMG_1652
IMG_1653
IMG_1654
IMG_1655
IMG_1656
56444175485__76D4FE12-B189-4AB2-AFDE-1BDA1F4F605E