• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

remington 700 vsf

Phoenix_86

Private
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2009
KOKOMO, IN
i am buying a remington 700 vsf in .308. It has an HS Precision stock, harris bipod, luepold rings and a crappy simmons scope that i will change to something more suiting for the gun. it is my first .308 rifle and the one i have wanted for a very long time. it is used and looks to be in very good shape. the cost is $600. i was wondering if that was a good price for the gun or if it was to high? i traded in my savage 93 in 17 hmr cal. for $200 as well that i hardly ever use. the 700 will be joining my side arm and daily carrier which is a kimber 1911 tactical pro II in .45 caliber. Please let me know what you think and any advice or comments on a scope or mods for it please let me know? thank you

Re: remington 700 vsf

For $600 grab it immediately! Well, if the condition looks good at least. When you take into consideration that most 700s are starting out at about $600 you're in pretty good shape. The HS stocks are worth about $200-250 as a take off and the Harris bipods range from $50-100 depending on model.
Things you have to take into consideration are Barrel, is it factory length or has it been cut down and do you know round count? Stock, has it been bedded and if so by who and what bedding compound was used? What height is the Harris and is it a swivel and/or leg notch model? Are the bases and rings Standard 2 piece Leupold with windage adjustable rear base? Will you add a 1 piece Picatinny base?
For $600 with an HS stock and a Harris bipod I thinky ou did pretty good. I personally would have snagged it provided the condition and if I was in the market. Looks you got a pretty good snag. Good luck and post range pics. Welcome to the hide!

i forgot to add that it does have a 26" heavy barrel and i dont know if it has been glass bedded yet but i wil do so. the harris bipod is a harris series 1A2 it has the leg notches and probably the lowest height. i think it is factory black coated and i will prolly change the scope base to a one peice pictanny. the gun looks like it has hardly been shot at all and the finish looks brand new and barel is very clean and i believe it holds 4+1 rounds. thanks for the comment

I have one, that is a great price and a great rifle to get started with. The rifle alone new is over 800 retail.