• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Remington 700 VTR barrel switch

Skillett

Private
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2020
Ohio
Have a Remington 700 VTR w/ muzzle break On a triangular barrel. Pondering switching out the barrel for A standard round one. Worth it, or go with it as is.

Worth it, or go with it as is.

You tell us, does it shoot well enough to put a smile on your face? Who cares if it is triangular if it shoots well? If it does ot shoot well enough spin the barrel off and either use a savage-style barrel nut and a matching barrel from someone like bugholes.com or take it to a gunsmith to install the barrel and cartridge you want starting from a barrel blank from a reputable manufacture.

Lots of ways to spend your money to get better performance but one of the best ways to get better performance is to spend money on ammo and practice.

I have the VTR on mine as well. It shoots pretty good as is but was looking to chamber a different caliber. Thinking of a Proof in Lite Sendero 20” maybe a 6.5 Creedmore or PRC. Going to get action blueprinted as well.

You tell us, does it shoot well enough to put a smile on your face? Who cares if it is triangular if it shoots well? If it does ot shoot well enough spin the barrel off and either use a savage-style barrel nut and a matching barrel from someone like bugholes.com or take it to a gunsmith to install the barrel and cartridge you want starting from a barrel blank from a reputable manufacture.

Lots of ways to spend your money to get better performance but one of the best ways to get better performance is to spend money on ammo and practice.
I

I agree on ammo and practice. haven’t shot it yet, but will practice with it until I can upgrade . Thanks Wade.

I have the VTR on mine as well. It shoots pretty good as is but was looking to chamber a different caliber. Thinking of a Proof in Lite Sendero 20” maybe a 6.5 Creedmore or PRC. Going to get action blueprinted as well.

could you explain “ blueprint the action”

could you explain “ blueprint the action”
“Blueprinting, or "truing", is a machining process intended to improve the accuracy potential of a factory bolt action by forensically machining existing features to ensure squareness, parallelism, and concentricity.”

Reactions: Clubhunter