• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 VTR Pics

G

Ive had it for about 2 weeks now Only been to the range once but very happy with the results will be buying a new stock sometime in the future but it seems to do great with the factory stock...

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

Re: Remington 700 VTR Pics

I looked one of these over the other day at the store, pretty nice stick. What are the benefits of the triangular shaped barrel?

seems to shed heat just as quick the roud ones lol but no sacrifice to accuracy weighs a little less i guess time will tell...

Oh ya, just sexy....

I hope it shoots well. My first thought when I seen one is this is just anothers sales gimmic. Something diffrent to catch the publics eye...
Again, hope it shoots well for ya.

Its A TRS1 The Glass is Great I Will Honestly say Millet Does a Great Job Keeping up With The Competition the only draw back is the 1/8 adjustments but as soon as i can get my hands on the LRS i will its 1/4 adjustment.

What is the retail price of this VTR? I think I might pick one up for a hunting stick.

msrp is around 800 i got mine for 650

I took mine out of the box Friday night. It needs a scope and having seen it with a bi-pod, it needs one of those, too.

Elkhound

How does the starwars barrle shoot? Does the muzzle break function well. Thanks.

muzzle break functions just as well as any aftermarket ive used and it groups just as well as any of my fluted or heavy ones, like i daid in all its been worth every penny i spent even in the little time ive had to use it but only time will tellfor being factory i can say it runs with the lower end customs...

Now how the hell's a guy gonna suppress that? I like guns just as much as anyone else, but I sold off my ported guns, hate shooting w/o cans now.

Very nice! I just got mine today and need to get some access, then off to the range I go.

Rem700308 - What rail are you using on your VTR?

Nice vtr. I need to take a pic of mine and get it up. I've put a few hundred rounds through it and it shoots well with factory match loads. Sub moa easy

the VTR seems to catch a lot of flack compared to remington's other heavy-barrel offerings, but people who know what they're doing get some really good results from them.

Let's put some target results up boys then you'll have some believers. I haven't seen one that would shoot to my liking yet!

I hear there are more issues with the 223 versions (mainly with the brake effecting accuracy) than the 308. I can consistently hold 1/2 MOA and have had quite a few groups much smaller than that... I usually shoot FGMM 168s or Norma Match using 168 SMKs.

100 yds
null_zps255d52ce.jpg

300 yds
null_zps6d6679b1.jpg

500 yds (3 consecutive shots)
null_zpsd53fa14c.jpg

I had one for a couple years and it shot really well too. Never was a fan of the break but not much to complain about with it. A pretty nice rifle overall.

It's nice shooting non the less. I'm pretty sure they make them in both configurations in 20". I was just curious.