• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Remington 700 with short magnum bolt face question

Warbone

Private
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2011
I have a remington model 700 in a 300 wsm, that i am wanting to build a custom tatical rifle with. But i want to chamber it in a .260 remington. Should i just sell the rifle and find something with a 308 size bolt face, or is there another option out there for a differant size bolt face?

You'd be looking at a new bolt to run 260.

If your existing action was a .473", would you have bought a new bolt anyway? Do you intend to work a Remington bolt over with new knob/extractor?

If you answered "no" to the above, then just sell what you've got and start anew with a correct action.

You could purchase a PTG bolt with the proper bolt face and have your gunsmith fit it at the time of rechambering/rebarreling.

Or you second option is to chamber it in 6.5 SAUM which would like a higher velocity 260. Different components of course.

Last option would be to sale it. I for one would be interested in your rifle, for the action only, so that I could build a 6.5 SAUM. If your interested in selling it, please let me know.

Either way, good luck.

Seems my private messaging may not be working Ogonzalez13 try and send me one.