• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Photos remington 700 work in progress

justinlemieux

Private
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2008
San DIego, CA
my work in progress. still got a long way to go
REMINGTON sps tactical. 308 win
XLR chassis w/ tactical buttstock.
I have an m60 bibod coming in this week. if i can make something nice to mount it, ill post more pics this week

Re: remington 700 work in progress

nice looking rig...mine's in the mail coming back to me from Kyle at XLR. I feel like driving to Salt Lake to meet the truck half way!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FALex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice looking rig...mine's in the mail coming back to me from Kyle at XLR. I feel like driving to Salt Lake to meet the truck half way! </div></div>\

+1 on that bro... wish mine we're on it's way.

Nice looker, why such a heavy choice of bipod?

+1 on that bro... wish mine we're on it's way.

Nice looker, why such a heavy choice of bipod? [/quote]

i guess im not sure if its what im going to use, but ive used everything else and i wanted to mix it up a little on this rifle.

not to steal OP's thunder, but on XLR's website, there is a photo I believe it is either the Robar or Lawton with the bipod where the legs attach to the sides of the handguard. Do any of you folks know the manufacturer/name of this bipod? I think it looks particularly sick. BTW- I'm packing shit and headed to Salt Lake... I keed, I keed!

Haven't seen the pics you speak of but my guess from your descripion would be the newer style Tangodown bipod.

jplemieux, do you know if the buttstock you have is made for AR platforms also? Cool if it was.

Badass gun you've got going.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FALex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not to steal OP's thunder, but on XLR's website, there is a photo I believe it is either the Robar or Lawton with the bipod where the legs attach to the sides of the handguard. Do any of you folks know the manufacturer/name of this bipod? I think it looks particularly sick. BTW- I'm packing shit and headed to Salt Lake... I keed, I keed! </div></div>

I completely agree with you on the bipod. I spoke kyle about the one on the sight and he told me that lraccuracy makes them. there website is under construction lraccuracy.com. they are going to sell a smaller version on the xlr website for around $400. but you can always call kyle at xlr and im sure he can give you more details

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jplemieux</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I completely agree with you on the bipod. I spoke kyle about the one on the sight and he told me that lraccuracy makes them. there website is under construction lraccuracy.com. they are going to sell a smaller version on the xlr website for around $400. but you can always call kyle at xlr and im sure he can give you more details </div></div>Hahaha I was <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">way</span></span> off, guess I should have looked at the picture,then I would have known... that I didn't have a clue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guy Coker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What bolt knob is that? </div></div>

Surgeon Sniper bolt knob

You can install that on your bolt rather than threading it for a bolt knob. Is it something you can do without much tools?

Ive done 20 plus bolt knob conversions and its actually really simple. I grind the old knob down and thread it. the first 10 or so times i ground the old knob down and Marine-Tex the new one in. Its a simple as that. All you need is a cheapo bench grinder. Just remember to take your time and fit test it until its perfect. We all spend a lot of time and money on these rifles. Id hate to have something as minor as a rush job on the bolt knob to ruin it.

Nice job, it looks great. Did you use Krylon for the paint? I am selling myself on this chasis.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jplemieux</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not yet, by the time i can afford optics, guns will be banned!! </div></div>

Which optic you aiming for?