• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 X Mark Pro Recall. Just replace the trigger yourself!

dieselgeek

Do you even Shoot Bro?
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2010
Dallas, Texas
I had already replaced mine w/ a Calvin Elite, but I figured I would "replace" it with another one to show the process. The X mark Pro is an awful trigger to start with, might as well upgrade instead of sending it in.

Thanks for taking the time to make the quality video! I will be doing this later this week and that will be extremely helpful.

Glad I could help, I saw so many people worrying about sending it in, and thinking they could not replace the trigger themselves. I honestly stuggled the first time I did it, but It was because of the bolt release. Once I learned the secret is to not let it fall out, things became a lot easier.

I'm actually disapointed in this recall... I just picked up a 700 AAC-SD yesterday and it has one of the nicest triggers I've ever pulled. I have no way to measure for sure, but it feels like it's breaking around 2.5lbs. If it wasn't for the recall, I'd leave the stock trigger in.

I'll second the ease of install. Bought the timney 517 (flat) for my replacement last week. I personally loved the xmark (had one of the good ones I guess) and this replacement has exceeded my expectations. Nice to have more adjustability now and lose the external screw

Couldn't have fit better in the factory stock on my 308 AAC-SD

uvesedys.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So.... I punched out the rear pin too far and the spring came out. Can someone please take a good picture or video of how it look to reinstall the bolt release spring? Remy 700 AAC-SD .308. Thanks!

I just replaced my xmark pro with the Flat Timney 517 this morning! Cant wait to shoot it and try out the new trigger

So.... I punched out the rear pin too far and the spring came out. Can someone please take a good picture or video of how it look to reinstall the bolt release spring? Remy 700 AAC-SD .308. Thanks!

I did this at least once and it's rather unclear exactly how it goes back in.
If you watch the video above, around 4:10 it focuses on the spring/bolt release, which could give you enough of a clue to get it back in there.

Talked to a friend at Remington says 700 line is shut down right now till this is all resolved. Haven't even started fixing them yet.

My Remington 700 5R MilSpec has been just fine with its XMarkPro Trigger. Its never misfired or anything, I took it out yesterdqy for the first time this season and ran 20 flawless shots.. I dunno what the big deal is here.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I hear too much lock tight was put on and could gum up trigger.. Just what I heard.. Not sure if its real story...

I'm actually disapointed in this recall... I just picked up a 700 AAC-SD yesterday and it has one of the nicest triggers I've ever pulled. I have no way to measure for sure, but it feels like it's breaking around 2.5lbs. If it wasn't for the recall, I'd leave the stock trigger in.

Don't worry about the recall then.

If you go on the Remington site and put in your serial number they will tell you if your rifle is being recalled. Follow the instructions and they will give you a code for 40% off merchandise.