• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Remington 700P 300 Win Mag

Re: Remington 700P 300 Win Mag

hahahahaha. i love it. looks to me like this pic was taken INSIDE of your home, and there your rifle is, in all of its beauty, on top of a collapsable plastic table and chairs. Classic

Nice rifle, what are the specs on it.

Remington 700 in 300 Win Mag. The action is blueprinted and trued. The barrel is a Krieger 1/11.25 twist unfluted with a krieger magnum recoil lug. I had a Jewel trigger installed 2.5LB with the AICS Stock. Some inletting was needed for the trigger and stock to come together. Waiting for NF scope 12x42x56 with 40 MOA base and rings and a Badger FTE Muzzle Brake. I'm going to send the the bolt to be modified (THE HANDLE ONLY). Nothing fancy but I think I'll be able to go 1500 yards or so with ease..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CLEVER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Waiting for NF scope 12x42x56 with 40 MOA base and rings and a Badger FTE Muzzle Brake. I'm going to send the the bolt to be modified (THE HANDLE ONLY). Nothing fancy but I think I'll be able to go 1500 yards or so with ease.. </div></div>

You are going to shoot to Florida with that scope? lol. What made you want to mount a telescope on your rifle? also, you better go TALL rings with a 40moa base and 56mm objective

Thank You ffhoque. Will do, I will contact my dealer in the morning. Why I wanted this scope is because they so close in price I felt why not get the best. Couple of dollars more or less..And the 300 Win is capable of 1500 yards plus, given the ammo,so its a easy call.

i can see you live in LA, have you ever looked through a 12-42x56 scope at the range? 42 is a TON of magnification. More magnification is not "BETTER" in scope features. Its what you find to be perfect for your application. You can shoot 1500 yards with 25x with NO problem. You will notice HUGE increases in mirrage and actual image quality will decrease, and when you shoot at 42x with no brake on that thing, say GOODBYE to the target, because you are going to be kicked WAY off target, and will have to reduce power to quickly find it again, then increase again..... Also added power is added length. That scope is going to be a T-Ball bat! You should really look through one... i have a 8-32 NF on my 22-250AI for varmint hunting, and i have only used 32x mabye 4-5 times, and i shoot squirrels at over 600 yards regularly. My favorite power is right at about 20x. Just something to think about....

And if you are going to be putting a lot of rounds thru a 300 win, you may want to look into a muzzle brake, it will SAVE YOUR SHOULDER. i have 3 300 win mags, and it is on of my fav calibers, but it needs to be braked. Look at Score High Gunsmithing for a great priced brake, $179 installed, and are EXTREMELY effective.
http://scorehi.com/

No I have not but I do have a 8.5x25x50 Leupold Mil Dot..Maybe I can get away with that and save about 2K..or is the NF a better choice??

the 8.5-25 is a great scope, is it a vx3 or Mk4? the mk4 have exposed turrents which is nice, and side focus. The NF has superior quality glass, but covered turrents and adjustable objective. What price are you getting the NF for? The Benchrest is a great.... Benchrest scope. And if you are just going to be paper punching with no rush, they are perfect for the price.

ALSO, NF BR is MOA reticle MOA turrents (1/8th MOA, thats fine adjustments). Thats always nice.... if your leupod is Mil Dot it still has MOA turrents.

Ya, its all personal preference. If you are buying it new, i would wait and watch the forums on here for a used NF NXS, but the benchrest is great. Maybe look at ebay for a little bit older Nightforce Varminter/Benchrest in 5.5-22x56. Or if you are set on new, i would seriously say go with the 8-32x56. The only people that really need the 42 power are true Benchrest shooters.

wait, are you getting a NXS or Benchrest? if you are getting a NXS i would definatley say look another route. They are NOT designed to be that high of a magnification scope. get a 5.5-22x56. and you can find one used on here for around 1350-1450. And in Mil/Mil if you would like.

OK will do, let me look into the 8X NF and compare prices with my suppliers. If the price is good then thats what I will do..Thank You, you are very helpful. If I can help with anyhing let me know..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CLEVER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No I have not but I do have a 8.5x25x50 Leupold Mil Dot..Maybe I can get away with that and save about 2K..or is the NF a better choice?? </div></div>

If you have Leupold try it - I have one with fine crosshair works fine but I dont shoot more than 400yds tops.

Just to follow up on what others are saying about too much magnification....here's a pic I took of my buddy standing by his car at 1400 yards. My scope is a Lupy MK4 4.5-14x and I've got it turned up to 14x. 25x would be all you'd need in my opinion....Don't worry....my buddy took my bolt with him......LOL!

url]

WOW!! Thank You I'm going to try mine then I will see. I just don't like the glass of the Leupold. Zeiss really opened my eyes, but if I can get away with my Leupold then it's good enough..

Well.....When I bought my rifle, the Lupy came with it as a package deal......so I just kept it on. Maybe one day I can afford to step up to the "big boys" quality scopes! LOL!

I've got a 5.5-22 NF NXS on my 300 RUM and usually run it around 16 power due to mirage. Early in the morning I can use 22 power but that goes away when the heating up begins. That 12-24 is too much for that rifle.
Leupold 4.5-14 or a NF 5.5-22 would do the trick.

What these guys are saying is so true about the Magnification. I like having 25x, but its rare that I can use it, most of the time I have the best success around 10x-15x.

My biggest mistake to date is buying a scope with a reticle that just annoys the shit out of me, and its in my leo mark 4, I don't like the Mil Dot on it. I got a SWFA 10x and the dots on it are so much nicer. And the scope repeats, the scope is clear and its cheap. I'd suggest buying one of those and doing a ton of research on what scope is right for you.

There are plenty of posts on here with people who made my mistake, I assumed that this scope would be perfect for me and target shooting.

Dig through the posts on here, about scope selection. There is some amazing knowledge on here, and it has helped me ten fold over what I was a year and a half ago.