• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700p is back!

FSRbikr98

Private
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2010
Long Island, NY
I bought my 700p over a year ago. It was my first (well second, I had an a bolt for a week before trading it for an AR) nice bolt action rifle.

From the beginning I wasn't a huge fan of the hs precision stock it came with. I knew I was going to get it changed but didn't know too what. So I did my reading on here and decided that a AICS was going to be it. But it was expensive and I wanted some other things first.

Finally after scope, base, rings and bipod, I was left with only the stock to change. I saved and saved and saved and at the beginning of august I decided it was time to make the switch.

I decided to give Mike Bush a call at Black Ops Precision (formally Underground Skunkworks) to see if he could help me. He asked me what I wanted and I originally told him the 2.0 folder. But after our discussion he convinced me that it may not be worth the extra money. I also told him I wanted the bolt knob replaced and to fix an extraction problem I was having, and the action bedded to the stock. He assured me it wouldn't be a problem and at the end of that week I sent the rifle to him.

Fast forward to two weeks ago. He called me and let me know my rifle was dome and that it would be shipped out.

What I got I couldn't be happier with. Mike even recoated the whole bolt body as the finish the original owner put on was wearing off.

I got the scope back tonight and remounted it. And damn, this is one bad ass rifle.

I want to thank mike and his crew over at black ops precision for the awesome work they have done. The bedding job is amazing as well as the bolt knob. I'm heading to the range tomorrow to see how she shoots, but I have a feeling it will be better then before. If anyone is looking for a good 'smith, I think black ops will meet your requirements. I also want to thank snipers hide for having such great info. It made picking the parts pretty damn easy.

The rifle started as a 700p in .308.
Leupold vx3 40mm scope.
Nypd trigger (not sure what the use)

It now sits.

700p cut down to 22 inches
AICS 1.5 in FDE
IOR 3.5x18 50mm FFP scope
Nightforce 20 moa base
Vtac rings
Harris bipod
TIS quick cuff sling.

Ps. I'd post a pic of it but I can't upload photos from my iPad, so I'll get some up tomorrow after the range session.

Re: Remington 700p is back!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FSRbikr98</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Ps. I'd post a pic of it but I can't upload photos from my iPad, so I'll get some up tomorrow after the range session.</div></div>

you Tease!!!

I thought the big advantage to the acis stocks was that you did not have to bed them. Are they not drop in ready?

Mike is a top notch stand up guy and won't steer you wrong!!!

As for the AICS and bedding. Everyone has his or hers opinions on this subject. Nothing is perfect, especially factory actions so......... With that being said, even Mike beds his own actions in the AICS to make sure everything IS perfect.

Yeah, need pics.

I'm glad that everything worked out the way you wanted it to. Have fun at the range today and I am looking forward to some pics and a range report.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FSRbikr98</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did I apologize. It's the iPads fault though. </div></div>

How about downloading a picture of a target on the ipad and setting it up at the 100 yd line and blast away. Get the iphone and start snapping some pics of the rig so we can all salivate. Just kidding, looking forward to the pics.

As far as bedding is concerned. I read a lot on here about the subject and I decided. Why not? It wasn't expensive and it gave me some peace of mind