• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 721 with aics mags

SouthernGunner

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2011
Texas
I have a 721 3006 and was wanting to put bottom metal to accept aics magazines. Will the same bottom metal for the 700 fit and feed the 721 if I get the stock in letters for it?

The bottom metal's are different between the stocks. Meaning, that you need to use a 721 metal with a 721 stock, and a 700 metal with a 700 stock. The actions will use either one, depending on which stock you use.

So, in other words, you can put a 700 stock and bottom metal on your 721 action, but the stock might require fitting for some parts (bolt handle angle factory cutout). Or, if you wanted to, you could put a 721 stock and bottom metal on a 700 action, but the stock might require fitting for the bolt handle angle cutout. But the actions will interchange and work with either stock/bottom metal. The bottom metal is just dependent on which stock you use.

From what I can remember, the stocks shouldn't require any inletting, maybe just some massaging of the bolt handle cutout notch. Other than that, the 2 actions and stocks should be identical (other than the bottom metal).

Last edited:
Reactions: 2c1fr
I tried to use a 722 stock for a 700 short action build. Still a work in progress, no they may not be the same at least on the short action the screws don't quite line up. And if you want to use 700 bottom metal you will need a mill.

Please, leave the Dremel in the drawer.

I have a Rem 721 action with Stocky’s REM 700 stock and Magpul magazine. I didn’t want to do that much inletting work on the original wood. It is easy enough to get a Rem 700 long action stock to fit the 721. As others mentioned, around the bolt handle needs some work.

Here is mine in two different configurations. I’ll be hunting with it next month with the wood stock , then put the other stock and magazine on the rest of the year for the range.

IMG_3044.jpeg

IMG_3030.jpeg

Reactions: FuhQ