• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 7400 .30-06

08Cayenne

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2011
East Central Ohio
Have a coworker that is making me a really good deal on one. No special use for it, has a nice sling, probably just a carry gun in the woods and throw in the trunk. Shooting beer bottles, the lake, and such. Use a 45-70 guide gun for this now. Anyone have any experience with this model? I've never even heard of it before today but I really like .30-06. What I've read on the interrwebz is that the trigger are bad and they will hold about 1.5 MOA. Probably won't scope it, don't like scopes on brush guns.

Thanks
Frank

I have the older version,742 in 30-06.In 40 years it's never let me down.First shot is dead center,second close and third somewhere on the paper.Watch for worn rails in the receiver and rust in the chamber.Clean the chamber everytime you take it out or around moisture.It's still my favorite deer and hog rifle.

They work great. For hunting, they will get you out to 97.5% of the ranges most deer are shot. They carry nice too. I probably killed 30 deer with mine before I started elk hunting and bought a sako. Now momma uses it out of her box blind. 165 corelocks will knock the snot out of any deer I know of. As others have said, bore brush it often and lube the action with clp. Mine wears a 2.5x8-32 Leupold VXIII and shoots about 1 MOA.

Last edited: