• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Remington 870 upgrades

sw22aellafrits

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2009
So i'm planning on picking up a Remington 870 here in a little while and i need some help on what to get for it. Its the express model 18 inch w/ mag extension. Its going to be used for some coyote hunting and just shooting for fun.

Thanks for your help guys

Re: Remington 870 upgrades

I was thinking some trijicon ghost rings, but dont know if they are really needed.

Vang comp big head safety, Choate or other heavy tube extension and clamp, with alum or steel follower, get rid of the flex tab, Mesa tactical makes a nice picitanny rail if you are gonna use optics, or I chose a Wilson rear ghost sight and had a tritium front sight installed. I chose a Knox stock with recoil reducer (still has a lot of shove) and a surefire front weapon stock light. Dura or Cera coat of your choice and you are GTG.

Some pics to give you some ideas:

Rollover-Shotgun_1.jpg

rearsight.jpg

frontsight.jpg

aimpointt1.jpg

aimpointm4.jpg

Shotgun-Collapsible-Stock.jpg

shotshell2.jpg

pump-shotgun-lorez.jpg

Rollover-Shotgun_6.jpg

Vang Comp BIG DOME Safety
LPA fully adjustable Ghost Ring rear sight
Red Fiber Optic protected front sight (add $35 for tritium)
Hogue Rubber OverMolded Butt Stock® in 14" or 12" LOP and Forend for positive grip
Choice of 4 or 6 round shell carriers
Picatinny Rail / top of receiver
Hydraulic Recoil Reducer
Breaching Device
Collapsible Stock

I want to find one of the police magnum wood stocks, and i already has a mag extension and clamp so no more needs there. Im not going to be running optics, just maybe some trijicon ghost rings.

ive got a 200.00 dollar gift certifacte from xs sights for any gun you may own, the rem 870 sights in the catalog look promising.

I found some trijicons on midway for half the price, and i like the look of them better.

Anyone know where to get one of the police wood stocks?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doc1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some pics to give you some ideas:

Rollover-Shotgun_1.jpg

rearsight.jpg

frontsight.jpg

aimpointt1.jpg

aimpointm4.jpg

Shotgun-Collapsible-Stock.jpg

shotshell2.jpg

pump-shotgun-lorez.jpg

Rollover-Shotgun_6.jpg

Vang Comp BIG DOME Safety
LPA fully adjustable Ghost Ring rear sight
Red Fiber Optic protected front sight (add $35 for tritium)
Hogue Rubber OverMolded Butt Stock® in 14" or 12" LOP and Forend for positive grip
Choice of 4 or 6 round shell carriers
Picatinny Rail / top of receiver
Hydraulic Recoil Reducer
Breaching Device
Collapsible Stock

</div></div>
Dang Doc you got all the Nighthawk toys don't you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Dang Doc you got all the Nighthawk toys don't you. </div></div>Yea, I kind of like what they offer. However, those pics are from their site.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Anyone know where to get one of the police wood stocks? </div></div>

I'd check eBay for used stocks, they've got a ton of them.
Does that model come with RemChokes? I know a lot of the "Home Defense Models"
from different manufacturers come with a regular cylinder bore barrel (no choke tubes).
I would want to be able to change out tubes.

Are mag tubes and extensions different for 20ga, or are they the same?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are mag tubes and extensions different for 20ga, or are they the same? </div></div>
<span style="text-decoration: underline">Different</span> 20 is smaller.