• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington ammo

Gryntch

Private
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2023
Montague California
Gotten remington ammo with poor QC dented scratched cases extractor marks and flattened lead tips even had one round with the bullet in backwards anyone else having these issues or am I just lucky

Reactions: Ronws
Gotten remington ammo with poor QC dented scratched cases extractor marks and flattened lead tips even had one round with the bullet in backwards anyone else having these issues or am I just lucky
I don't have Remington ammo but that sounds scary.

What caliber and load?
New, old, lot # on box?
Did you purchase at store or Gun Show?
Have you messaged Remington?
-Richard

Reactions: 308pirate
223 55gr,243 80gr, 270 130gr don't have it any longer shot it at cans it all came from different sellers on gunbroker makes no difference now because I'll never buy anything remington again

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
I run Remington 220gr subs in my 300BO and have experienced zero issues.

Remington ammo has sucked for 30 years... Buy better for your guns. At minimum for hunting, buy Hornady or Winchester, and if for target Hornady or Federal Gold Medal Match. If you don't mind spending more, get some Berger or Lapua factory ammo. I would say Prime, they always had great reviews and big cult following, but I don't think they're in business anymore...I haven't heard them mentioned in a long time.

Forgot all about Prime. Only 308 in stock, and social media is dead. Crazy. But yes, never buy Remington.

Remington had those issues when it was Remington.

Supposedly Vista has better quality control.

But they always did have the only ammo line that would put bullets in backwards and they would make it out the door.

Years ago, I used Rem. Corelokt for my hunting, and took some Elk with it. One time, I had an Elk in my sights, pulled the trigger, and same as you, only got a click. Elk ran off. Went back to the range with the same box, and discovered more misfires, about six in the box. This was factory ammo. I have not used it since that day.

Well I have a few rounds of remington left to shoot at cans and there will never be another remington box in my ammo locker glad to know I'm not the only one to have issues with them. My biggest issue is low quality product at premium prices

Well I have a few rounds of remington left to shoot at cans and there will never be another remington box in my ammo locker glad to know I'm not the only one to have issues with them. My biggest issue is low quality product at premium prices
I don't use their primers, brass, or bullets either... Anything Remington and ammo related is a no-go for me. Federal brass sucks, too.

223 55gr,243 80gr, 270 130gr don't have it any longer shot it at cans it all came from different sellers on gunbroker makes no difference now because I'll never buy anything remington again
Maybe that explains things? GunBroker that is.
Honestly I have never had a problem with any Rem ammunition starting with ‘Jet’ for a handgun to 7mm=08 for deer and bear to 168gr Match for Competition.
Shot thousands of rounds of Rem shotgun and finally about a month ago I had one shell that fired, wad and shot gone and not in barrel but obviously no powder.
=Richard

No... I'd avoid it at all costs, personally.
I’ve had zero issues or found any flaws whatsoever in the 2500 or so rounds of 220gr 300BO subs from them.

And that’s with every single round shot from an 8.5” PSA upper.

I’ve had zero issues or found any flaws whatsoever in the 2500 or so rounds of 220gr 300BO subs from them.
Good for you, but it's still bottom of the barrel ammo choices for anyone who's not a Fudd. Most people won't even buy Remington primers because they have more duds than anyone else. I have never once had an issue with a CCI or Federal primer. You hear about and read about people with Remington primer issues all the time. Their brass isn't weight-sorted at all, and it's extremely inconsistent, and their bullets are basic old outdated SP cup & core fare. And now days they charge premium prices for bottom-shelf ammo.

• Haha
Reactions: MadDuner
for decades, the only game in town for factory 250 Savage ammo. never had a problem with it, killed tons of deer, hogs and coyotes. used it culling deer working for big ranches.

only beef ive ever had with Remington ammo is their rimfire. Rem Golden Bullet is pure trash. id rather use a slingshot

Reactions: MadDuner