• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington Arms Military Brass

sheckie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2006
CT
I just scored a couple thousand unfired Remington Arms .308 military headstamped "RA 60" and "RA 61" brass cases.

Military crimp taken out with the Dillon super swage.

Just wondering if anyone out there has experience reloading with this brass?

I will start lower with the powder charge do to the variable in thickness compared to commercial brass.

I'm posting just to ask if anyone out there uses this for reloading.

Thanks,

Re: Reminton Arms Military Brass

Sheckie:

Yes, I have loaded thousands of RA brass. I got approx 5000 pieces back in 2005 or 2006.

One thing that you will notice is that they have exceptionaly deep primer pockets. Below is a picture of some brass primed with Winchester primers. I primed 20 of them and checked the dimesion from the face of the base to the face of the primers that was seated and listed was all the numbers.

RA60-BRASS2.jpg

RA60-BRASS4.jpg

Pictures of Circled deepest pockets

RA60-BRASS3.jpg

I have shot all of the brass and they all went bang. One 30 cal can is on its 11th loading with having been annealed every 3rd firning.

It is good brass for plinking ammo. I do not use it for my accuracy loads. They are all loaded with 147gr CBC pull downs for the Nephews and friends to get some trigger time.

Terry

Reactions: sheckie