• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Remington bottom metal question

gamma

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2009
Does anyone know exactly what bottom metal Im needing to accomodate this magazine.
700magazine.jpg

Re: Remington bottom metal question

Thanks, where can I get the factory remington bottom metal for it.

Careful on that mod - I believe the action's feed rails need to be modified/removed to make that work. Hard to reverse if you decide you don't like it....

Bill

Checked the Brownells website and dont see it.

Im finding the magzines no problem but I cant seem to find the bottom metal that takes this magazine. Someone here must know where I can get this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mikki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im finding the magzines no problem but I cant seem to find the bottom metal that takes this magazine. Someone here must know where I can get this. </div></div>

The Remington action that uses this mag is different then a common BDL or ADL. The feed rails of the action have been removed to allow this mag to work, once this is done you can't go back to BDL. So even if you find the bottom metal, most get thrown in the trash and replaced with a better option, you will still need to mod the action.

One other thing, the stock is different as well.

Better to seek an HS bottom metal for near drop in fit, or go with one of the DBM's using the AICS mags. If you want that system cause you can get the mags cheap you might as well E-bay the mags if you have them and step up to somthing a bit more useful.

Also as stated above once you go to the Rem DBM system you gotta really mod your action and you can not go back to a BDL or ADL setup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bwanajcj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The bottom metal is the Remington BDL-DM, here is link

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=792520&catid=4329

I agree with the others if you don't already have a gun set up for it, I would go another route </div></div>

I thought about going that same route but was told that the stock Remington system was not as good as the aftermarket bottom metal.
The stock metal has feeding issues.

Thanks for the posts guys. I see the bottom metal comes in long action and the written on the magazine it says short action non magnum. Confusing!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bwanajcj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call Remington, the DM is discontinued, they may still have parts. </div></div>

No it's not, they still have rifles with this set up just not as many as they once did.

Well depending on what you want, I highly suggest going with the Badger Ordinance M5 bottom metal as to they are quality and if the USMC can trust them I can too lol but going with the M5 option will require some minor in-letting and when i say minor I do mean minor