• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Remington Bottom Metal

dgwelsh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2007
Chestertown, MD
I have a 700 .243 in bdl. I would like to purchase a bottom metal system that uses mags, but am having a hard time finding one. Would someone be so kind as to point me in the correct direction.
as always thanks in advance
dgwelsh

Re: Remington Bottom Metal

The best combo is Badger bottom with AICS mags.

Brownells carries both.

GC

I can't find the mags at all online? Is it just the .308 mag modified a little or one made of the .243?

Badger M5 DBM bottom metal that uses AICS mags is what you want.

308 magazine, unmodified, will work for a 243.

Other option, depending on what stock you are using, would be HS Precision DBM system.

There is also Seekins bottom metal, and surgeon bottom metal which I think is well thought out. I am unsure howvere if the surgeon bottom metal would fit straight on to a stock rem 700 action.

Get a Badger. It uses 5 or 10 round AICS mags and will feed any .308, 7mm-08, .260 Rem, .243 Win or even .22-250.

Both the Badger and Seekins come with pillars for spacing and will need to be bedded.

The Seekins DBM gets his 5 rnd mags with 10 rounds threatened to follow soon. The Seekins has a side push-button release ala AR-15 vs. the Badger AI lever latch. Most of the GAP rifles pictured on this site have the Badger. To see the Seekins go to the commercial sales section and look under his post.