• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Remington Bronze Point bullets

ranger1183

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2006
Whitefish, MT, USA
Has anyone hunted or tested the terminal ballistics of the Remington Bronze Point bullets? I had never even heard of them as I have always reloaded SMK's or Nosler Ballistic Tip / Accubonds for shooting. I was out of handloaded 30-06 ammo and stopped by the local Sportman's warehouse to grab some factory loaded ammo. Saw the Remington Bronze Point 30-06 ammo and that stopped me in my tracks.

How good are these Bronze Point bullets? How effective are they on small and large game?

Thanks!

Re: Remington Bronze Point bullets

the ones i have used seem a lot like shooting the Ballistic Tips. better suited to deer than larger game.

this was at .300 magnum velocities, so keep that in mind. the '06 may not be so hard on them.

They have been around a long time. They work very well.
They are pretty much the original "ballistic tip" with good effect up through medium/big game.

They are 1950's technology, not used much anymore. They reportedly open up quickly. Look at some hunting books by O'Conner and other big game hunters written in the 1960's, that is where you'll find them described.

Good luck

Jerry

I think they actually came out in the '40s.