• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Remington complete

Re: Remington complete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 07zx6r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats a great looking rifle.. what did it start as? sps tac? </div></div>

Yes it started as a remington sps tactical with the black houge stock.

okay, im in statesboro, not to far at all.. congratualtions on the retirement! I am commissioning at the end of the summer...it will be a few years before i can retire..haha

How do you like the A5 stock compared to the original?

I'm planning on buying an A5 and I'm used to the HS Precision stock of a M700P and McMillan M40A1, so the A5 might take some getting used to.

Good looking machine!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Krav69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you like the A5 stock compared to the original?

I'm planning on buying an A5 and I'm used to the HS Precision stock of a M700P and McMillan M40A1, so the A5 might take some getting used to.

Good looking machine!! </div></div>

I had a 700 SPS Tac with that Hogue stock and I replaced it with the B&C A5 as well. I love the A5 much more than that rubberized hogue; in both function and design.

[image]http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr234/fuzzyjoe012304_photos/DSC00584.jpg[/image]
My Remington 700 sps TAC 308
B/C A5 stock
Harris bipod
Wyatt 5 round clip mod
EGW pic rail 20 moa
SWFA rings
SWFA 20x42
Action was trued by Harris gunsmithing
the bolt knob is a PCR "thx pcr"

[image]
http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr234/fuzzyjoe012304_photos/DSC00578.jpg[/image]
725 YDS, 5 shot group, shooting pos. prone using rear bag and bipod
The target was printed of the computer on a regular sheet of paper I pulled of the internet from impact.
I took 2 shots to get my ranging down. I used Hornandy 168 GR A-MAX, it was a calm day about 2 to 3 knot winds,"approximate" from the left. I have the rifle zeroed at 300 yds. The wyatt 5 round clip system seems to work real well feeding. The SWFA SS 20x42 is holding zero I have shot about 100 rnds with this scope on the rifle and it is still holding. This combo seems to be working.

That is quite nice!!!
wink.gif

Tony