• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington Customer Service!!!

zepplinc20

Private
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2009
Arizona
Hey everyone, newbie here.

Just wanted to share my recent experience with Remington customer service.

I purchased a 700 VTR .22-250 a few months ago. The rifle, as you can see in the pictures, didn't shoot very well. My best group was about 2.57 in @ 100yds (with handloads). I'm not a sniper, but I think by anyone's standards that is unacceptable. This was verified by Remington as you can see in picture #2. So I decided to drop the rifle off at the Ilion factory since I live about 10 minutes away. This was yesterday afternoon. I received a call today from the gunsmith telling me the gun was at the front counter ready to be picked up. He told me they heard I was deploying in a month, and they wanted to get it back to me so I could play with it before I left. He went on to say they used a lead bar, and lapping compound to polish the bore, and there were test targets included. You can see these in the last few pictures. All I can say is I am amazed at the turnaround time, and the results.

This was the target I included with the gun at the time of drop off (2.57 in, 15 rds @ 100yds 5.5" caldwell orange peel, group didn't get bigger after first 5)

Remingtons initial test target prior to work (2.6 in @ 100 yds)

Test target one, after polish, 50 gr accutip BT @ 100yds (5 shot @ 1.34 in)

Test target two, 55 gr power-lokt (3 shot @ .89 in)

Test target three 50 gr accutip BT (3 shot @ .60 in)

Re: Remington Customer Service!!!

Prehaps Remington is learning from past mistakes in service.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Prehaps Remington is learning from past mistakes in service. </div></div>

not likely

Well, I think you got the service you deserved considering your service to our country. I'm glad it all worked out.

good luck,
al

Hi NineT6Delta

I am from Utica myself. I just picked up a Remington 700 SPS Tactical. I am glad to know if I ever have a problem, a short trip to Ilion and good service awaits me.

By the way, thank you for your service!!

Keep your head down!!!!
cool.gif

Rick

Born/Raised in Herkimer. My parents live in Whitesboro. My apartment before i moved down here was one block away from remington.