• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington fact or bs?

blazinpixels

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2009
Rochester MN
I was at hart brothers gun shop in albert lea minnesota

now ive have no problems with my two remy 700 308's

i was looking to buy one for another build. the owner mentioned there has been a problem with the triggers. he stated that when you load a bullet into the chamber and its on saftey and click to fire in some cases it will just fire.

is this true? i looked around and heard back and forth. whats going on here?

im asking because im out in the field farming i dont have time to troll the internet so just asking one of you guys.

Re: Remington fact or bs?

an improperly adjusted Rem 700 trigger may do that....from Remington, nope....Gun Shop owner has been watching to much CNBC

I have seen this happen once when i was about 13 years old. A guy i was hunting with took the rifle he had hunted wit for at least 2 years that i know of, went to unload his rifle and when he pushed the safety forward it went off. First off we are all glad that he was smart enough to point his rifle in a safe direction when he went to unload it ( into a bank near were we ere parked) the only damage done by the AD was a broken stock caused by him dropping the rifle out of surprise at the discharge. i also know that he did not adjust the trigger in any way himself however he did buy the gun used so who knows what happened to the trigger prior to his ownership of the rifle. The one thing that that experience drove home for me is always treat every gun as if it is loaded and don't ever point one at something you don't intend to shoot.

Read my signature.. Enough said.

CNBC isn't the one that said it, it was the guy who designed the model 700 so yes it is true that it can happen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SavageStag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CNBC isn't the one that said it, it was the guy who designed the model 700 so yes it is true that it can happen. </div></div>

I realize CNBC isnt the one who "said" that, but they are the ones who brought it to the HUGE public eye not to recently. Also, a Rem 700 trigger won't become unsafe unless neglected or improperly adjusted. Guns dont fire themselves...