• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington: From New York --> To Huntsville, AL

DRAGON64

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2011
Alabama
Big news for Huntsville, AL residents, as Remington plans to purchase an old 500,000 sqft Chrysler building and move their New York mfg group into it. That means a possible 2,000 new jobs to the area... good all around... except for New York. No product output expected before 2015.

Gun maker Remington Outdoor Co. to open manufacturing plant, employ about 2,000 in Huntsville (updated) | AL.com

IMG_7439_zps17fa2a82.jpg

Related link:

Huntsville gun shop owner calls Remington plant news among 'best kept secrets in the history of Madison County' | AL.com

They left somewhere they weren't wanted and went somewhere they were wanted, makes perfect sense. Lets hope the quality control goes up as well, love me a 700 action.

My resume is current and ready to go to corporate. Since I live near and already work in Huntsville, I figure I have as good a shot as anyone.