• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington golden bullet

Capt.kramer

Private
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2020
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Anyone know where I can get some or have any they want to sell? I know most people consider it trash as far as accuracy but I have a Glock 19 conversion that loves the stuff

I may have some. I’ll check and send you a message.

Best ammunition available...

If your intended goal is malfunction remediation training...

Reactions: Sdavis190
I can't help you with your supply but I've found the same thing with my Advantage Arms Glock 23 conversion - it runs great on the cheap Golden bullets! It's single shot with most other affordable .22LR.

If your intended goal is malfunction remediation training...
I bought thousands of rounds of Golden Bullet around 2000. It was $10.00 a box of 525 rounds. It has been run through two Weatherby MKIIs, a Remington 597,a S&W Victory, a handfull of bolt guns, a few revolvers, a S&W M41, a couple of lever guns and a Iver Johnson TP22. Amongst the aforementioned there were a number that had ignition and feeding problems with other ammo but not with the Golden Bullet. Accuracy was on a par with Mini Mags as best I remember. I don't remember a single dud but that was over a long period and a lot of guns.

Over the years I gave a lot of this away to new and/or young shooters and heard no complaints. Of course free is very good price.

I have read a lot of complaints about the performance of the current manufacture but the old stuff is every bit as good as Min Mag.

@Capt.kramer, what conversion are you using on the 19? What generation is your 19 and how is the function with the Rem. Golden Bullet?

I’ve ran golden bullet through 2 different 10/22s, well 3 sort of. A Kidd supergrade, a factory stock 10/22, and that same factory action wearing a tacsol barrel. Where these rifles are 100% reliable with CenterX, the failure to feed rate with rem golden bullet hovers at about 10%. “A malf in every mag” is what my son says when he sees that box come out of the bag. He’s mostly right. It’s sometimes 2...

That might be the issue. I bought all my Golden Bullets before the previous ammo panic when you couldn't find any .22LR.

I bought thousands of rounds of Golden Bullet around 2000. It was $10.00 a box of 525 rounds. It has been run through two Weatherby MKIIs, a Remington 597,a S&W Victory, a handfull of bolt guns, a few revolvers, a S&W M41, a couple of lever guns and a Iver Johnson TP22. Amongst the aforementioned there were a number that had ignition and feeding problems with other ammo but not with the Golden Bullet. Accuracy was on a par with Mini Mags as best I remember. I don't remember a single dud but that was over a long period and a lot of guns.

Over the years I gave a lot of this away to new and/or young shooters and heard no complaints. Of course free is very good price.

I have read a lot of complaints about the performance of the current manufacture but the old stuff is every bit as good as Min Mag.

@Capt.kramer, what conversion are you using on the 19? What generation is your 19 and how is the function with the Rem. Golden Bullet?
I’m running the advantage arms conversion on a gen 4 Glock 19. It will eat most anything but golden bullet is the best value to reliability ratio. Just plinking with it so a dud every now and then isn’t going to cost me my life.

IMG_3628.jpg
Golden Bullets, good stuff.

I’ve had more fail to fire and squib loads in Winchester white box than I ever have with golden bullets. Picked up a few of the 1400 round buckets over time to waste in the blasters and it has always worked fine.

I was being a bit tongue in cheek when I posted the photos of some of my Golden Bullets. Obviously that is "vintage ammo", back in the day when Remington could hold its head high with pride. Then came the Wal-Mart bulk ammo phase of American ammunition manufacturing. How cheap can we get it? So we can sell it as cheaply as possible to the children and grand children of, "A Nation of Riflemen", who now pee away more ammo in a single frenzied blasting session, emulating their video games, than their Dads and Grandads shot up in a year, or two, or three!

Sadly, the manufacturers are only filling the demand. The old pride of quality is gone, dead and gone. There are no longer American competitions pitting Winchester/Western against Remington/Peters, against Federal. The fact that we have to depend on mostly German and some English ammo to get decent quality is very disturbing. Our supplies are vulnerable enough as it is. Slap on some importation ban and we will be forced to compete with what? Auto-Match at 30 cents per round? I feel a bout of nausea coming on.

I am thankful we still have an enormous number of shooters interested in gun ownership and shooting, don't get me wrong. But we are hardly a Nation of Riflemen any longer.

There was a time not that long ago when Federal ultra-match (the one with the dimple) was the best Olympic ammo in the world. Sadly, Federal and other USA mfg's have lost the will to compete on the world stage and have ceded that role to the Euro's. Even the Russians who at one point were as good as any with their Olymp ammo have wasted away to a shell of their former greatness. I would love to be able to compete to win with an American rifle using USA ammo.

Reactions: Hi-Wall