• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington/JP Enterprises RSASS .308

PIGtooth

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2009
Tennessee or The Middle East
So I've got my hands on one of these a couple weeks ago and I'm trying to buy it. As the test fire commenced I found that I was consistently shooting two seperate groups while zeroing at 100m. It has a Leupold Mark IV w/ M3 turrets. the first group was exactly where i was aiming with the holes overlapping so closely distinguishing the two was tough, the next three shots were consistently 1/4" low and 1/4" left. This was repeated in 5 round groups on 4 different targets. Shooting AA11 M118 lakecity. I can get the batch # if needed. Each time I reloaded and the first two shots were right on the money. I was shooting without a can and the gas block was adjusted accordingly. I am my biggest critic when it comes to position and consistency. If anyone can help me think through this I would appreciate it. Thanks fella's.

Re: Remington/JP Enterprises RSASS .308

I get that a lot when I shoot off a bipod instead of a heavily bagged rest/lead sled, I think it's due to not keeping a consistent cheekweld or slight parallax problems. Usually talking 1/2-3/4" at 100 yards give or take.

well this maybe the case, but i always shoot off bipods. the off centered group didnt feel any different and i've never had this problem with any other rifle

So what are these going for?$$$

Any other feedback?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrDeath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what are these going for?$$$

Any other feedback? </div></div>

+1 on that

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter19802003</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On the jp site...they are showing a base price of almost $3500.00 for their version. </div></div>

Got a link. I've been all over JP's website, I'm looking at an LRP-07, and can't find it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cardboardkiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter19802003</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On the jp site...they are showing a base price of almost $3500.00 for their version. </div></div>

Got a link. I've been all over JP's website, I'm looking at an LRP-07, and can't find it. </div></div>

I think his point is that the RSASS is essentially a LRP-07. However my gut tells me remingtons price will be substantially different than JP's

Go for the JP version. Smaller factory better attention to detail.