• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Remington LTR and PSS stock

RANGER_MAC

Private
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2009
Tacoma, WA
Does any one know the weight difference between the LTR and PSS/P HS stocks? I am getting an LTR but liked the PSS stock a little better, it looks longer just wondering if there is a difference in weight and how much.

Re: Remington LTR and PSS stock

Probably about a 1/2 pound .I just weighed my LTR stoc k yesterday comparing it to a wooden one and I want to say it clocked in at pretty close to 2 1/2 pounds .

Ranger Mac,

For SA H-S Precision Stocks:

LTR Stock:

PST67/086: weight 2.1 lbs; o.a.l. 28.5 "; l.o.p. 13.5 " ;

PSS Stock:

PST008/PST012: weight 2.6 lbs; o.a.l. 33.2 "; l.o.p. 13.5 ";

And there is a in-betweener, not sold by Remington:

PSV096: Weight 2.5 pounds • L.O.P. 13.5" • O.A.L. – 31"

I have this one on an LTR barreled action. I sold my orginal LTR stock because it was too short in the forearm. I kept wanting to place my hand on the rearward of the two front swivel studs.

I obtained this data from here:

Stocky's Stocks

Here is my LTR BA in an H-S Model PSV096:

DSCF1112-1.jpg

Bob

Is this worth switching out with the PSS? are they the same as far as stability and just longer forends with a little more weight?

Mac,

You now know the weights, and the lengths. As I said I have an LTR, thought the factory stock was too short in the fore-end, sold it for $250. and bought the PSV096 for $320.00. My outlay was $80. It was worth it for me, and I would do it again.

Frankly if you look at the above numbers the PSS/P stock is 33.2" overall vs 28.5" for the LTR. I think the PSS/P stock is too long, aesthetically, for the short 20" barrel LTR. After all PSS/P's have 26" barrels. But that is a pure "fashion" issue, it will certainly work with the 20" LTR BA installed.

Which is why I went with the PSV096. It's the same stock as the PSS/P except it is 2" shorter. Or 2.5" longer than the LTR stock, plus it does have the double palm swells like the PSS/P.

Bob

thanks for the input, what would be the "street" name for PSV096? did they come on any guns or just getting this from an HS dealer? sorry for the questions, but if it is the same rigidity and stability as the PSS with nothing to gain, I think I will find a PSS take off. (I am cheap)

Is there any other benefits.

Mac,

No other benefits. The street name for the PSV096 is: H-S Precision Pro-Series 2000 Sendaro Varmint / A1 Tactical Stock. It was OEM on the Remington 700 Sendaro Series. Price @ Stocky Stocks is $313.20. in Black, Tan, and Olive.

Bob

ok so it is the sendaro stock. Looks good. I might see if I can track one down from a pull off. One nice thing about this sight is there are so many big gun players with bigger wallets and be a little patient and I should find something come up.

I don't mind the look of the PSS on the LTR or short SPS Tacticals. It definetly pronouces the shorter barrel, but that is ok to me.

Thanks for the help, you have been very helpful.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ranger Mac,

For SA H-S Precision Stocks:

LTR Stock:

PST67/086: weight 2.1 lbs; o.a.l. 28.5 "; l.o.p. 13.5 " ;

PSS Stock:

PST008/PST012: weight 2.6 lbs; o.a.l. 33.2 "; l.o.p. 13.5 ";

And there is a in-betweener, not sold by Remington:

PSV096: Weight 2.5 pounds • L.O.P. 13.5" • O.A.L. – 31"

I have this one on an LTR barreled action. I sold my orginal LTR stock because it was too short in the forearm. I kept wanting to place my hand on the rearward of the two front swivel studs.

I obtained this data from here:

Stocky's Stocks

Here is my LTR BA in an H-S Model PSV096:

DSCF1112-1.jpg

Bob

</div></div>
Sorry to bring this post up from the dead, but that helped me so much figuring out the different stocks. HS Precision doesn't have this info posted anyway and it can be extremely confusing trying to figure out what is what!