• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington LTR out to 1000?

tofst4u2no

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2011
Davenport, FL
I picked up a Remy LTR in .308 a few weeks ago from a friend of mine who cut me a good deal. Just wondering who's taken their LTR's out to 1000 with success. What rounds were you shooting? I'm just getting into the long range precision game and am wanting to do some competitions and classes with the rifle.

Re: Remington LTR out to 1000?

Did it when I had it. It was sold a while back. I used 48 grains of 2000mr with a 175 smk at 2650.

this rifle will be fine if you can drive the bullets that far.

44.6 gr Varget, Lapua brass, 210m or BR2 prim, 178 gr Amax, 2.820 OAL. I would tell you my best 1k grp but you'd call me a liar.
wink.gif

okie

1K at the Range in Volusia is no issue with that gun as long as you have good glass and know the dope for you rifle. We ring steel all the time out to 1K in C FL with similar setups. PM me if you need more info or have questions

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Looks like I'll have no trouble with what I wanna do with the rifle as long as I use the right ammo and do my part. I havent gotten into the reloading game yet but that's next on my list.

ss10ring: where in Volusia is the 1k yard range. The closest one that I was aware of was manatee gun club but that's almost 3 hours from me.