• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington M40

mexicanmatch

dallasa1
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2008
lanexa,va
When Remington sold these some years ago did they have a scope with them? I am thinking a Red field? There is a man who has one without the scope but has rings on it and box for $1800 that is in a local forum i am on. MM

Re: Remington M40

Too bad I don't have the required 100 posts or I would be able to sell you the green Redfield that came on my Chuck Mawhenney M40. I was able to aquire an origional USMC "THE GREEN SCOPE" that I have mounted on it. Don't worry MODS, I will respect the rules.

Doc Les

Go to the Virginia gun trader.com- sign in- go to Va rifles for sale- add was on the 2nd page. If you need further help let me know. MM 757 566-1229

if it's unfired, probably not bad but if it's used...I'd pass and look at locating a 40x action and building from there.

No, they did not include scope on the M40 Vietnam commemorative. Leupold made a nice looking 3x9 that some used. Looks like a nice rifle, however I can think of better ways to spend $1800 though, YMMV.

Call me strange if you like, but I can't figure out for the life of me, why a person would purchase a firearm and not use it. I have a nice collection of them, and am not afraid to shoot them. I have a Chuck Mawhenney M40, mounted with an origanal USMC GREEN SCOPE. I have $12,000 invested in it, but will it sit on a shelf as long as I have it? I think not! Don't let people tell you, if it has been fired it is only worth so much. HOG WASH. If it has been taken care of, and cleaned after use, there is nothing at all wrong with a used weapon.

Doc Les
Semper Fi

mexican_match ... I have a Remington M40 that I found at an estate sale recently that is unfired and still packed in its box. Remington made 1000 of these and this one is #58. Will more than likely be putting this one up for sale here since I now have 2 of these rifles. PM me if interested.