• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Remington M40x safety problem

haze

Private
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2014
Hey all I have a Remington M40x, aka the training rifle for our corps when money was tight. so it a bull barrel .22lr with a stock trigger to my knowledge (multiple owners besides me) Well any ways it has a thumb toggle safety switch that comes out in between the stock and and action on the bolt side. when i rack the bolt on the gun and slide the bolt forward it locks up tightly but when i attempt to push the safety forward and it sticks and will not disengage i have not tried it with ammo yet maby its a safety to prevent dry fire I have no clue any . any help will be greatly appreciated thanks pics will be posted later on ~haze~

Sounds like someone tried a trigger job and f'ed up the set. Have you taken the rifle out of the stock and inspected the trigger group?