• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington M700 SPS Tactical, discontinued?

dennyAC170

Private
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2009
Has the M700 SPS Tactical 20" .223 Remington, order # 84206, been discontinued?

If so,what would be a good alternative? XCR Compact Tactical or 700P LTR?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Remington M700 SPS Tactical, discontinued?

It seems everytime they come out with a short barreled winner they discontinues it

Where did you hear they are discontinued?

Up until a couple of weeks ago, it was on the remington.com website. It is not in the 2009 print catalog. I also checked remingtonle.com and remingtonmilitary.com.

I decided to go with the M700P LTR in .223 Remington.

Huh, hadn't heard that. Too bad. Another great intro option for beginners down the tube...

That goes for the .308 too. Glad I got one this month. I first heard this about 10 days ago, after I paid for it, but it didn't really look like it was true then. Most dealers thought they were still available. I did notice the updated site yesterday. Not only that, but it seems they put the last few actions into Varminter stocks instead of Hogues.

Options would be the XCR Compact- and Long Range Tactical, LTR, SPS varmint, VTR, Varmint SF, etc...

The compact Tactical would be nice, I have the Long Range Tactical which is the 26" barrel version and its great, pricey though compared to the SPS Tac.

There are still a few available on some of the auction sites. When I ordered my .223 last December, my dealer was told by the distributer, Bill Hicks & Co., that it was the very last Rem Tactical that Hicks had in stock, with "no more coming in." So it appears they were starting to thin out way back in December. I really lucked out on mine: It was On-Sale to begin with, then I also got the $40.00 rebate from Remington.

Wow glad I got mine in September. Wild that they would discontinue what appears to be a well made, well received buy the public rifle.

I can't confirm the cancelation... but I had 2 dealers looking for one for me and both say orders are looking 3-4 weeks out. Neither sounded real sure that I would get one even in that time. I decided not to wait and got my hands on a new 700 5R .223 the day after it hit the shelf. I am dressing it up now:)