• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington making a modular sniper rifle.

lostriverproductions

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2009
Three Rivers MI
Designed for operators, by operators. The new Remington® Modular Sniper Rifle (MSR™) combines lethal accuracy at 1500 meters with a user adjustable folding stock, free-float handguard, and the potential to change barrel lengths and calibers within minutes at the user level from .338 Lapua Magnum to .338 Norma Magnum to .300 Winchester Magnum to 7.62mm NATO. This patent-pending system addresses long range and medium range performance needs of the modern battlefield in one package loaded with features designed to meet multiple emerging US armed forces requirements. The system features lightweight, efficient design and optimal material selection for corrosion resistance and strength. The MSR is mission-adaptable and can change the bolt face, barrel, and magazine to enable a smaller profile or different caliber. This system truly never has to leave the battlefield.
Wonder what prices will be?

Re: Remington making a modular sniper rifle.

You may want to try the hide search engine. The MSR has been widely covered and talked about. There is mention of pricing and chassis alone pricing in several threads. You can also see some really good pics of it in the SHOT show thread. I bet you a doughnut if you put MSR in the search you will come up with plenty of info.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lostriverproduct</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Designed for operators, by operators. The new Remington® Modular Sniper Rifle (MSR™) combines lethal accuracy at 1500 meters with a user adjustable folding stock, free-float handguard, and the potential to change barrel lengths and calibers within minutes at the user level from .338 Lapua Magnum to .338 Norma Magnum to .300 Winchester Magnum to 7.62mm NATO. This patent-pending system addresses long range and medium range performance needs of the modern battlefield in one package loaded with features designed to meet multiple emerging US armed forces requirements. The system features lightweight, efficient design and optimal material selection for corrosion resistance and strength. The MSR is mission-adaptable and can change the bolt face, barrel, and magazine to enable a smaller profile or different caliber. This system truly never has to leave the battlefield.
Wonder what prices will be?
</div></div>

your about 4 months late.....

I saw the gun at SHOT and was underwhelmed, I am 6'3" with long fingers and could barely reach the trigger, NO way to get a proper 90 deg. trigger finger on that thing. It had an AR grip and about a 3/4-1" thick block of aluminum between the trigger guard and the grip.

It was obviously NOT designed by a shooter.

I saw the gun at SHOT and was underwhelmed, I am 6'3" with long fingers and could barely reach the trigger, NO way to get a proper 90 deg. trigger finger on that thing. It had an AR grip and about a 3/4-1" thick block of aluminum between the trigger guard and the grip.

It was obviously NOT designed by a shooter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i about popped a goiter just picking the thing up.... </div></div>

laugh.gif
That cracked me up!

I like the concept and interchangability of the system if it works as well as advertised.I think its a good idea and possibly with refinement steps into the right direction. We'll see how good it is when it is released and people buy some won't we?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i about popped a goiter just picking the thing up.... </div></div>

laugh.gif
That cracked me up!

I like the concept and interchangability of the system if it works as well as advertised.I think its a good idea and possibly with refinement steps into the right direction. We'll see how good it is when it is released and people buy some won't we? </div></div>

You may want to check out the DTA SRS......

I had the opportunity to pick up the rifle at SHOT. There were a couple of issues that were apparent quickly. The folded stock would not hold shut after 3 days of the people manipulating it. While I am sure that in those three days it went through more cycles of opening and closing it than it would in three years it was of concern. Second, it was/is heavy. The AX models that Stacey was showing appeared to have been more thought out. If I were going with one today I would be incline to look at the Ashburry or the AX before the Remington.

My thoughts, YMMV

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Odd, I had no such issues. </div></div>

Did you actually get to grab it and hold it in firing position?

Compare the trigger position in this pic to an AR, the grips are the same.

http://www.defensereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/remington_modular_sniper_rifle_msr_2.jpg

It was at least 3/4" further forward than an AR, you could get the tip of your finger on the trigger, but a proper 90 deg knuckle pull?? Not and still have any semblance of a grip.

Yeah, I was playing with it the day before the show and the first day of the show. I had no problems with it standing, or even in the prong position when I messed with it the day before the show opened.