• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Remington MLR Ejection

9x23w

Private
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2006
Suffern, NY
Recently acquired a used 700 MLR (338 Lapua). Seems pretty accurate, came with a horrid trigger which I replaced with a Timney Calvin Elite. Only issue now is ejection. Fired cases do eject, but they just clear the rifle (that's fine). But loaded rounds fall back in the receiver. I replaced the ejector spring with a more powerful one from Wolff, also slightly extended the ejector protrusion. Neither did anything, so the next ? is the extractor. Mine seems to be the later model with half the extractor lip ground away.

Anyone else run into this? Would an extractor with a full lip help?

Thank you.

"We now offer a double radius cut ..."

Thanks - now is this a modification to the extractor, receiver, or something else?

"We now offer a double radius cut ..."

Thanks - now is this a modification to the extractor, receiver, or something else?

Receiver. Just the change to the ejection port. No stripper clip slot to the back end by the bridge. It just opens up the port and allows the case to "punt" off the ejectors better. For us its pretty much standard anymore for anything magnum SA or for the bigger LA cartridges.

All driven off the original Remington prints from lord knows how many decades ago.