• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington Model 660 (6mm) Ballistics Chart???

Recon Sniper

Private
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Hide,
I have been unable to track down a solid ballistics chart for my Reminton 660 6mm I am shooting core-lock 155 grain round. Does anyone know where I can track a chart down?

Re: Remington Model 660 (6mm) Ballistics Chart???

hahaha i didn't even realize that I had hit 155.... Yeah 150 is what I'm shooting, I hit the wrong key

out of a 6mm remington? As in 244 remington? A 115 is about as heavy as I have ever heard of, and there is only a handfull making them.

Good luck. They don't make a 150 grain either. As for a ballistic chart specific to that 20 inch barrel, good luck on that too.

The core-lokts only come in 100 Grain pills. I think you are confused man. I don't want to be rude but I don't think you are talking about a 6mm. They are right the 115 DTACs are about as heavy as you can get.

Well I am a humbled man thats for sure!! I was at work and could have looked anyone in the eye and been positive that it was 115 grain, but when I got home I looked and sure enough I am pushing a 100 grain psp remington core lock. Thanks for keeping me honest guys! Well anyways I am looking for any kind of ballistics info on that round comming out of a remington 660 6mm. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be greatful.

Thanks Hide

If you want to find out the velocity for long range shooting then the best and most reliable way would be to spend $100 on a Chrony.That way you won't be just guessing.There are many factors that determine velocity, even in two guns that are alike and will thus affect point of impact down range.

The other thing you could do is:
On a calm day set out a target at 200 yards and sight the gun perfectly.Then put the target at 50 or 100 yard intervals(250,300,350) sighting in again for each distance writing down how many clicks it takes for each.Then go home and compare your actual data to a ballistic program manipulating the BC,velocity,etc until the numbers approximate each other for longer range shooting.

Steve