• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington Model 7?

Re: Remington Model 7?

Totally different animal; it takes different stocks, triggers, scope mounts (I think), etc. If you're looking for a lightweight hunting rifle, that sounds like a good deal. If you're looking for a donor action to build a precision rifle on, keep looking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nicholst55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Totally different animal; it takes different ...triggers, scope mounts (I think), etc. If you're looking for a lightweight hunting rifle, that sounds like a good deal. If you're looking for a donor action to build a precision rifle on, keep looking.</div></div>

Wow. Spoken like someone who owns absolutely none.

700 triggers will go right on. McMillan will inlet any 700 stock for the model 7. EGW makes a 20MOA base for it.

Honestly, if you're going to answer questions, at least please do so honestly. If you don't have any personal experience, allow those of us who do the chance to answer correctly. Thanks.

coryssecond.jpg

Are they MORE suitable toward a lighter hunting build? Sure. Are they total rubbish for a tactical build? Absolutely not.

<span style="font-weight: bold">THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A 7 AND 700 IS THAT THE REAR BRIDGE IS 1/2" SHORTER.</span>

What caliber is the one you're looking at?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armed Ferret</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nicholst55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Totally different animal; it takes different ...triggers, scope mounts (I think), etc. If you're looking for a lightweight hunting rifle, that sounds like a good deal. If you're looking for a donor action to build a precision rifle on, keep looking.</div></div>

Wow. Spoken like someone who owns absolutely none.

700 triggers will go right on. McMillan will inlet any 700 stock for the model 7. EGW makes a 20MOA base for it.

Honestly, if you're going to answer questions, at least please do so honestly. If you don't have any personal experience, allow those of us who do the chance to answer correctly. Thanks.

coryssecond.jpg

Are they MORE suitable toward a lighter hunting build? Sure. Are they total rubbish for a tactical build? Absolutely not.

<span style="font-weight: bold">THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A 7 AND 700 IS THAT THE REAR BRIDGE IS 1/2" SHORTER.</span>

What caliber is the one you're looking at? </div></div>

My bad. I sincerely believed that what I said was correct; guess I was <span style="font-style: italic">seriously</span> misinformed. Mea culpa.

wow

not all M7 and M700 triggers are identical. they may fit the reciever, but to put an aftermarket M700 trigger into a M7 stock/bottom metal, you will probably have to work on it. Jewell sells a different model for the M7. a Timney will need the lower front corner beveled or rounded.

the M7s rear bridge is .75" shorter. the action is .5" shorter, but the ejection port is .25" longer.

the older M7s have a single rear scope mount hole so they will need a one piece mount. i use the Leupold XP100 dual dovetail base.

100_1313Large.jpg

100_1203Large.jpg

The 4th hole is easily arranged.

Are there any aftermarket .223 heavy barrels? Or would I be looking at a custom job?

Threads in receiver are the same as the M700. Find a takeoff barrel and run with it.

had a model 7 in a 260, key work had, wished I never sold it. they are good light weight hunting rifles.

I've got 2 in 260 stainless. wouldn't trade them for anything.
Also have a 300 saum stainless. Gonna sell that one soon. Don't need it when I have a 7mag.

I've got 2 also. A 7-08 and 308. I've also got the youth stock for kids/ wife to use. I'm thinking of taking one (probably the 308) and setting it up as an LTR type rifle but haven't decided for sure yet. They both make terrific hunting rifles but seems like both are so similar that might change one up.

JMC