• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington Model 700 ADL Varmint .308

Niiiiiiice!!
My Remington 700 in .308 was a lovely rifle.
1988 I think I bought it.
First had a Leupold on it, then my Kahles addiction began.
Bought a LTR in .308 with McMillan stock.
That was a really nice piece.

Now it's Tikka and Accuracy International for me.
Maybe I am being picky, but I don't see the build quality in Remington any more

Remington action has a well deserved place in history though.

Niiiiiiice!!
My Remington 700 in .308 was a lovely rifle.
1988 I think I bought it.
First had a Leupold on it, then my Kahles addiction began.
Bought a LTR in .308 with McMillan stock.
That was a really nice piece.

Now it's Tikka and Accuracy International for me.
Maybe I am being picky, but I don't see the build quality in Remington any more

Remington action has a well deserved place in history though.
Remington most definitely has a place in history and they still have some decent stuff today. Here’s a few of pics of a couple of actions I recently purchased. You’d be surprised at how little a difference there was in accuracy using the same remage barrel. 5A7B69E1-D178-4903-A832-C013E1D59CB1.jpeg89AF819D-1C4C-412D-B3E5-776CA7F3427C.jpeg83D8AA1C-98C6-42F6-814D-B4D1804E10D3.jpeg9B34EA62-9FA5-4B26-9E19-7EDDAC651DEB.jpeg18F1AB4D-729B-41AE-ACA6-2333682FCDD2.jpeg

I still love my 5R SS Gen II (these naming nomenclatures are silly) in .308.

I’m told I’m luckythat I got a good barrel but I have no reason to think mine is special.

I’m not an expert marksman but I am getting similar to the fella above, .75-1 MOA, if I don’t drink too much coffee and it’s a still day. . LOL

I said it earlier in this thread, I’m happy w the HS stock and this gun...after I had it skim bedded. That helped a lot.

Cheers

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
Seems like a few of the people on the hide like to bad mouth Remington. They’ve made more r700s than tikka howa and all the custom action makers combined so I’m sure a few bad ones have been sold over the last half century. I’ve got more than a dozen and have sold and traded many others over the years. I’ve never had a bad experience with any of them. I’m glad that these other rifle makers are making good guns. It makes Remington have to compete and keeps the price down. I don’t think Remington would have bought new machinery without the competition. I just read another post and the fellas Remington action on his 700 long range was only .005 out of square. Those new machines are doing pretty darn good. I’m glad to there’s still some love for Remington and I always enjoy these kind of posts.

Pretty much like motorcycles. and women.
Ride what you like, like what you ride.
We’ve all heard things like “buy with confidence”. I know when I buy a Remington 700 it’ll be fine and with little effort I can get more accuracy out of it than I’m capable of shooting. Of course I inspect the darn things before I buy them. I guess with interweb sales it depends a lot on your ffl but most problems can be avoided with a good inspection.