• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Remington Model 8

kjh762

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2008
N.W. PA
May get my hands on one that's not working. Gun is in 35 Rem. Don't have all the details. Is there anybody specializing in repairing these or are parts available? Gun is in very good condition leading me to believe it is small part broken or reassembled wrong. Any common problems with these?

Re: Remington Model 8

Total disassembly, check for worn/broken parts, lube, correct reassembly and testfire. That will take care of 90% of the problems.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Total disassembly, </div></div> = pain in the ass.

I have an 81 in .300 savage, got it took it apart, cleaned it, shot it, cleaned it, put it up for sale.

Cool gun, neat piece of history, fun to play with. Glad I had the chance to look one over and run it through the motions. In, the long run, it wasn't for me. YMMV

I have the FN 1900, that is the same gun as a Remington model 8.
Its really a wonderfull gun, i love it.
I have never had a malfunktion with it and its hardly gets dirty due to the long recoil system.
Mine is very well used and looks like it have been an active part in both wars....
Håkan

img4b3dc520a44bc.jpg

No idea how to fix them, but I love them. Like a shoulder mounter artillery piece. My 300 savage is decently accurate, with the irons I stand up and bang the heck out of an 8 inch gong at 100 yds with it. Ive dropped several deer with it too, as did my grandfather.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocEd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ask Bonnie & Clyde. Frank Hamer, and his crew, ruined the Barrow's day with the M8 or M81. </div></div>

Was he the law-man who had a few customized with hi-cap mags? Never seen a pic of these but I would like to.