• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington moves to Georgia.

OIP.ObfT38M0-IqXaRpJfk26YQHaE8

Y'all cain't move to Georgia, buncha gun buildin' heathens!!

Wouldn't it be who bought Remington brand in the bankruptcy selloff?

LaGrange is just 30mi up the road. Maybe I can do some dumpster diving!
Correct

Investors doing business as the Roundhill Group purchased the Remington-branded gun-making business, including operations in Ilion, New York, and Lenoir City, Tennessee for $13 million.

Reactions: lash

I just drove through LaGrange a week ago... they are going to be a GREAT home for Remington!

GTF out of NY and their criminal government. Killing Grannies and slapping fannies...

Sirhr

If they don’t invest another $100M in fixing their dogshit quality control then you are better off leaving everything in that dumpster.

I guess a short move of some equipment from Huntsville then. Kind of like H&K leaving Trussville and going to Georgia. Never understood that. 'Bama is much more friendly to guns than Georgia.
HK in Trussville, AL was only an import and distribution facility (in leased space @ GSI). HK invested quite a bit to build a manufacturing facility in Columbus, GA to support their XM8 bid in the early 2000’s… All about operational efficiency and improving the bottom line profitability.

Reactions: lash and BytorJr
I love it when threads go way south in a big hurry. :ROFLMAO:

Unfortunately GA is leading the way on turning blue. Better than NY but there were better choices out there.
Maybe it will slow it down. It certainly is reasonable to expect a community to become more friendly to the company after some time for money to flow.

Maybe it will slow it down. It certainly is reasonable to expect a community to become more friendly to the company after some time for money to flow.
It will mean something to La Grange but $100M and 893 employees is nothing compared to the companies in the Atlanta area. Won't move any needles at the state level.

LaGrange GA. They make Kia cars and now Remington firearms. Makes sense to me.

Wish they would have come a little farther west. Ms or Al would have been perfect

Reactions: gigamortis