• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington New Production?

Wannashootit

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 3, 2010
    FL
    So I was meandering through Zanders online and I see they have a lot of Remington 700 offerings...ADL's, SPS's, and DBM models in Magpul stocks.
    Seems awfully late for NOS shit to be showing up with wholesalers? Or did Rem get the assembly lines moving once again?

RemArms started shipping new production 700s (and 870s) mid last year. Forgot to check if it had proper bolt timing (for the 700s) but the finish was similar to the Freedom Group era 700s and 870s.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Bakwa
    Ok. Serious question, I have owned 5-6 Remington 700s and none have had “good” primary extraction. I have never had a problem with case extraction and would have never known there was a “problem” if I hadn’t read about it. So what exactly is the issue?

Freedom Group occasionally put out lemons where the timing was so bad that extraction was difficult. In general, a properly timed bolt compared to an out of time bolt will have easier extraction and cocking effort (improved bolt lift feel) since it can properly utilize the cam surfaces as well as have their locking lugs oriented properly and fully engaged. Most of the time, 700's being slightly out of time is not an issue.

Reactions: Whhood
    I picked up a new Remington 700 aac-sd chambered in 308 Winchester 2 weeks ago . I swapped out the Tupperware stock for a Bell & Carlson m40 stock and dropped in a Timney elite hunter trigger . the only ammoI had on hand was a bunch of Winchester m80 so that was an experience not to forget anytime soon enough .

5sp0cX5.jpg

I got intrigued and went looking. I then found out that Remington is selling ammo on line and it is reasonable.

^^^
    For someone building a precision rifle, I agree. You're looking at them purely as "donors", if it's not an aberration shooting well under 3/4 minute with factory ammo that's accurate enough for many- no need to change anything in the name of better accuracy.

For me, I can pick up an ADL for $550 (and sell everything but the action if I were motivated), true it myself and it'll be perfectly suitable for a scratch build. Even at retail they're priced less than Savages- so it'll be interesting to see how much market share they'll be able to recapture after the years they've been absent.

Reactions: Mike_in_FL