• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington new X-Mark trigger????

skeetlee

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Central Illinois
Whats the scoop on this trigger? Whats the good bad or ugly of this new Remington trigger. I bought one, and it will be the first one i have ever messed with. Just looking for some of your opinions! Thanks Lee

Re: Remington new X-Mark trigger????

It sucks.... Unreliable adjustments, creep, can't get below 2.5 lbs. mushy feeling. And a whole lot of other stuff.

I'd second all that. The trigger shoe is also very thin. If you like the feel of the old trigger. you'll hate the new one. Get an after market replacement.

I am going to buy a shilen. Will i have any trouble getting it into my AICS?? Lee

I have one of these triggers on both of my GAP builds, George and crew did a great job with mine. The trigger breaks around 2 pounds, no creep.

I know a lot of people have had a tough time with these, but I am really happy with mine.

Wonder if they have QC problems. I have an old style trigger on my hunting rifle, and I also have an xmark that came with my PSS.

The xmark on my PSS feels much nicer than I expected. Very little creep, not mushy, and I don't need or want and 8 oz trigger so I'm happy with it.

I got mine down to 2.5 lbs but didn't seal the adjustment screw. After a few outings I began to notice it wasn't as sweet. It had crept back up to 4 lbs. I re-adjusted it and applied a little blue locktite and it has held for the last thousand rounds at an even 2.5.

Works for me but my needs are recreational.

Agreed the trigger shoe sucks. Other then that I have one on my 5R and love it. Had to replace the X-Marks on my two SPS"s with Shilen"s , just could not get those adjusted to where I was pleased.

I shot the x-mark on my 5R for about a year. Much better than previous rem out-of-the-box triggers. Eventually went to a Timney but overall I was not completely disappointed with the x-mark.

Its not the Adjustment or the weight...

Its the lack of consistency-
mine would jump from 2 1/2 pounds to 13 ounces and back!

went with a Timney.. Never looked back.

Steve

Mine for some reason will not be adjusted under 5 lbs. But it has virtually no creep and is a good trigger otherwise, if I could just lighten it up I'd keep it.