• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington Offerings....?

Re: Remington Offerings....?

I hope so, but I am not crossing my fingers. They had the 260 back in the 90's in a varmint model but screwed up on the twist so the heavy weights were a no go. I fear they would do the same if they were to reintroduce the 260 or even the 6.5cm. They recently had a 7mm/08 in a 9.25 twist that was great but wasn’t selling enough to keep it in the line either. Personally, I think they have a problem going faster than a 9 twist in anything for some reason.

The 9 twist 223 is the fastest twist they currently make in any barrel.

That said, I recently purchased a 243 varmint that has a 9.125 twist and I AM able to shoot both the 105 Berger VLD and Hornady A-Max bullets through it at ~2930fps with Lapua brass and H1000. Groups are in the .6's at 100y with the A-max and the VLD's shoot even better. I took both out to 1000y and both were stable at my 961' ASL and 60 degrees.

4 shots with the Amax at 1000, target is a 1mil (36") plate, 3 in 9" 4th opened it up to 18"

243002-1.jpg

3 shots with the 105 Berger VLD at 1000, target is again the 1mil plate, ~7" (second shot was hard to see but its dead center in the funky orange)

243001.jpg

This was fired at the end of my load testing, hence the reason I only had 4 & 3 rounds of each left to shoot.

With everything that is long range and sniper related in the market place right now they are missing there opertunity on some quick cash flow.

I would love to see a 24 or 26 inch "mil-spec 5R" in either of the 6.5 calibers as long as they twisted it 8.5 or faster and a the same in a 223 with a 7 twist. My wallet would be in pain but I would end up buying one of each.

Re: Remington Offerings....?

Wake up Remington!!!
I have left coments on their web site about this very thing.
It might help if more people do the same.
I would love to see a sps tactical in 260 remington.