• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington PCR RANGE report

it's a remington 700.

you could have bought a tikka for the same price and not played roulette with your time and money
I have two Remington 5Rs (20” and 24”). My 24” is sub 1/2” with factory 168gr amax, and right at 1/2” with 168gr fgmm. My 20” is 5/8” with 175gr fgmm which is the only thing I put through it so far. My old man has a 5R and it seems to shoot just as good but we haven’t put it on paper yet and probably never will. Shooting groups isn’t fun to me. I have a tikka ctr in 6.5 creedmoor that i have about 500 rounds through but I haven’t grouped on paper yet. I really enjoy my Tikka too but it doesn’t blow my remmy away in any category. A man might prefer how one is setup over the other but that would be about it. I would recommend either.

What I am getting at is these Remington warnings are getting comical at this point. They shoot. Perfect. Hell no. Even the mighty Tikka isn’t. Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.

Anyone have any range reports.?
I have a Remington 700PCR in 308 and it is a great rifle. It was sub .5MOA out of the box with my pet 308 load and 168 GMM. The factory trigger was a little heavy for my taste but I was able to get it down to consistantly break at 2 1/2 lbs. I ended up pulling the factory trigger out and putting in a triggertech though. Triggers are so cheap now and so much better than most of the factory triggers that come on entry level precision rifles it just makes sense to switch them. I’m sure people will chime in as to how much they love the factory trigger on this or that rifle but trigger pull is a personal preference. A friend of mine loved the factory trigger on my Remington and still uses the factory trigger on his own. Personally the first thing I do on every rifle I buy is change the trigger. Other than that the rifle is a reall shooter. I have only been able to take it out to 700 yards so far but it has performed flawlessly so far.

Reactions: wade2big