• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

remington police or xcr tactical

briancdoran

Private
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2009
Corona, California. so cal ie
remington police or xcr tactical? I am purchasing my first bolt rifle after several ar builds. Interested in 1000 yd. precision long range type activity's. Have put money down on the police, however wanted to get some of your opinions before I dros it.
Thanks in advance
brian

btw 300 win mag

Re: remington police or xcr tactical

Pends on the price difference. Both should be very good shooters.

The XCR gains you a 40x trigger, stainless barreled action, along with better coating. I'd imagine the XCR is lighter as well, by about 1/2lb if you believe the specs.

Stock quality is about the same, ergonomics are different so that's personal pref, I prefer the XCR stock myself.

The XCR does give you the 40X trigger. It is easy to adjust to the trigger wieght you want. They shoot good.

Welcome,

Either should get you out to 1K. In my bias opinion, I prefer the XCR tact. Had one and was very happy with that.

I have an older police model it shoots well and newer XCR model it shot well the little bit I was able to shoot it before coming back to the sandbox, The XCR has the advantage of a better trigger from the factory stainless action/barrel, Police has the advantage of a better stock though.

Both will be good shooters, perfectly capable of getting you out to 1000. From what I've seen the XCR is about 400-500 more than the 700P. I'm not sure it's worth that much more. I don't like the stock on it as well and for alot less money, you could have a great Jewel trigger installed in your 700P. If the XCR has the 5R rifling it may possibly be worth the money but I'm not sure if it does or not.

My XCR long Range was $1000 OTD, 308, the new Police models I have actually seen on the shelf while I was home were in the $850-$900 range. I do not think the XCR has a 5R barrel though, If your looking at the XCR and police, you should also include the 5R Mil-spec or whatever its called in there, its the same price as the XCR and comes with an Xmark adjustable. Also you might consider the SPS tactical, I also have one of those and it shoots pretty well

I'd go with the 700P. It's a wonderful rifle for the price, and a great base platform on which to build and customize. Oh, and don't worry...i've found bolt rifles are just as, if not more addicting than AR's.

700 5R MilSpec .300 Win Mag
They are new and you might have to wait a little while to find one.
First run was 24" bbls
Next run will be 26"

The 700P's & LTR's are running now from a low of $850. to a high of $1100. on Gunbroker. The XCR Compacts and XCR LR's are running from $1100. to a high of $1300.

The straight 700P's run 9 lbs plus. The LTR's are 7 1/2 lbs. The 5R's are around $1000. and also weigh in at 9 lbs plus. The XCR compacts also weigh 7 1/2 lbs, and the XCR LR runs around 8 1/2 lbs.

So with the XCR's you lose weight, and gain the 40X trigger, get a stainless barrel and action, and a great coating.

So how much is weight worth? How much is stainless steel worth, and how much is a great trigger worth, to you? If you can answer that to your satisfaction, you will have made your choice.

Bob

I don't know about the XCR, but I have a police with a rifle basix trigger and it's an excellent gun. Recently shot at a 1000yd competition, did very well for a stock gun.