• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

remington PSS 308 12 twist 178 amax load help

rockwind1

Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
westworld
which is the best forum, sub forum/thread to ask for load help,, the load depot sub forum doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic.
remington 700 pss 308, with a
26" barrel (boltface to muzzle) 1:12 twist.
bout 2000 rounds of m118lr 175 and federal fgmm thru it.
it is NOT a 5r barrel.
it's a cool rifle and i would like it to shoot lights out, it seemed like it used to but now it seems more like a 3/4 to 1 moa gun.
i was hoping some guru might just tell me a perfect load, i mean, i know there are guys out there that have done the 308 and others so many times they already know. i would surely appreciate the help. for i powder i have IMR 4064, i have 500 amax 178 gr.
400 brand new lapua large primer brass.
cci br2 primer
178 amax
if someone has the perfect load for it already, i am not above buying some different bullets or powder.
if i do want it to shoot excellent, should i get a different barrel? if so, recommendations?
but would prefer to use current barrel, and use the powder/bullets/brass on hand. i shoot several other rifles/calibers so this is sort of a side project.

I certainly understand any load data given is just a starting point
thanks very much in advance, i may cross post this on other forums. kevin